“One amazing burger!!! ”

Hub
Ranked #21 of 152 Restaurants in St Ives
Price range: US$3 - US$12
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Hub St Ives is situated in the heart of the town, we are a well established feature on the harbour front and an essential stop off for great coffee, fabulous cakes and amazing food. In the evening we are the ideal place for fantastic burgers or just to sip cocktails or sample one of our local and international craft beers and watch the world go by. We have a modern menu of really delicious burgers made in house from aged Cornish rare breed beef supplied by the fabulous Phillip Warrens of Launceston. Lobster Rolls when in season and daily seasonal specials. Our hot dogs are New York style but produced in the UK using 100% free range pork, oak smoked and seasoned with paprika, nutmeg & black pepper. Our burger and hot dog buns are produced by artisan 'Baker Tom' and delivered fresh everyday. As you can see our food is something we are fiercely proud of. Breakfast served between 9am and 11am Main menu served from 12noon Kitchen closes 9pm Bar open until late
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Omg!!! Came here last mon 7th with my partner and our little girl, we was visting st ives and came across this place its was busy but luckily we got a table cause one of the staff grabbed it for use, didnt know what to have and i normally don't do burgers but i though i would try one, so me and my partner had the kuhama ( no idea if i spelt that right) but anyway it was flipping amazing, and my daughter loved the chips and the staff were really nice and really made use welcome even though it was manic. We will b bk one day, so please don't change the menu. Thank u :-)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,706)

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Whenever we are in St Ives we always love to sit here for morning coffee or cocktails,the staff are friendly and efficient and the food delicious and great views of the harbour.We definetly recommend a visit here

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

The venue couldn't be better placed with a lovely outlook onto the harbour. This is why we decided to pop in. The main thing that disappointed me was the lack of customer service, I know everyone in St Ives are pretty chilled but seriously? A bug bear of mine is having to go order drinks at the bar when there are table waitresses gossiping amongst themselves, just seems poor policy. However the food came out pretty quickly and for the main part was enjoyable, although the mini hot dog seemed over cooked, as was the burger. Pulled pork slider saved the day. Subsequently when the waitress brought over the food and asked if she could do anything else to help, I asked if we could get a refill on our drinks and she told me I would have to go downstairs to the bar and wait to be served.......not great considering you just asked if there was anything else you could do to help? I couldn't help but find it ironic that on the menu it states that any negative feedback should go direct to the staff and not be left on trip advisor; if the staff had seemed to care I would have been glad to but for the most part the specific waitress covering the upstairs when we visited seemed too hungover to actually understand anything, let alone do anything about it.
Also seemed very expensive for the experience we had. When I come back I will be getting fish and chips or a pasty and eating it on the front, save some pennies and get a better standard of food!!!! Tourists beware-no customer focus here!!!

3  Thank Lushy_landlady
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Having heard promising things about the place, we were excited and looking forward to our meals. We ordered and then were told that there was a 30 minute wait for food which turned out to be 45, the sides came out cold, and the mains were rushed and tasteless, with green chips on one side and a burger that looked as if a toddler had played with it. The tables are small and cramped, your constantly hassled by seagulls if sit on the balcony, and annoyingly we could really blame the poor food on the fact they were busy as there were many vacant tables around.
I've eaten here before and had nachos and hot and spicy chicken wings, which were tastey and I'd happily order again,

4  Thank Chris H
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped in the hub for some lunch after a morning on the beech. We've been several time before over the years and it's always been a good place to eat.
It was busy due to lunch time and having some of the best views in the town. The menu is modern and fresh, aimed at a younger audience. I had a burger with the popular
Pulled BBQ pork and my wife who's a veggie also had a burger option. The service was quickish and the beers where I've cold which was a delight on such a hot day. The prices are reasonable and the drinks are similar to other places on the harbour front.