“proctor retford notts”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Ives
Westcliff Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #61 of 102 St Ives B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 July 2012

me and my family stayed here twice in recent years and found the stay with terrie and mike most enjoyable .the rooms we stayed in were spotless mike doing a very good job with the house keeping.The views from the guest house are breathtaking the breakfast was lovely and very filling i would highly recommend it to my friends and family and to anybody who would want stay in stives.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Neil P
Westcliffguesthouse, Owner at Westcliff Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Thank you very much for your review - Mike is thrilled to get praise for his hard work. We are so glad you enjoyed staying with us.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

The best thing about this B&B is the position, overlooking Porthmeor beach and a handy almost level walk into town. But as a solo I found it overpriced, they would not give me a single occupancy price, I had to pay double for a very small attic room. I have stayed in larger single rooms. Also, even though I am disabled and found the narrow stairs to the second floor attic difficult, they did not move me to the first floor even though they had free rooms there.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Novella65
Westcliffguesthouse, Owner at Westcliff Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

This review is a little unfair as this lady knew before booking that we do not offer a discount for single occupancy, and that Room 4, as clearly stated on our website and verbally confirmed, is a smaller room on the second floor. The other guest rooms, including those on the first floor, were fully booked until the last night of her stay when the family room became available. On her first morning I offered to try to find her alternative accommodation as I was concerned about her disability, but she chose to stay and although we do not cater for special diets I shopped for her dietary needs and gladly provided her with the specially prepared breakfasts that she requested. During our 27 years of trading we have worked very hard to ensure that our guests are happy and comfortable and we have many returning guests and recommendations. On this occasion, despite our best efforts, we obviously failed to please this lady. I do hope she will be happier on her next holiday.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

This was our first time in St, Ives and did we find the perfect place to stay.
Terrie and Mike are the perfect hosts, friendly and helpful. The rooms are not large but have have everything you need and are spotlessly clean. The dining room and lounge overlook the sea ideal to watch the waves crashing on a cold
windy day. We had the full breakfast every day which kept us going only needing a cup of tea and a slice of cake in the middle of the afternoon.
You have your own allocated parking space which is a god send in St. Ives, we only took the car out once to go to Lands End. You can walk for miles along the coastal path and always catch a bus back, or just potter around the many alley ways and harbour.
We will be recommending Terrie and Mike to friends and will be back ourselves.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank walkers02
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Thank you for your lovely comments. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your holiday and delighted that you enjoyed your first visit to lovely St. Ives.

Reviewed 19 May 2011

We have stayed at Westcliff every year for 25 years. It is very clean & homely & exceptionally friendly. It is at Porthmeor Beach ( with indoor/outdoor excellent restaurant & beach takeaway) next to Bowling & Putting Greens, Tate Modern and coastal path, 10 minute relatively flat walk to harbour & shops. Run by Terrie (with some help from hubbie Mike) it is a real home from home with great full English breakfast. We go home feeling really relaxed from our holiday(having made a provisional booking for next year.

FREE PARKING with easy access to beach

Room Tip: first floor bay window(magnificant view)
  • Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank POTTERS29
Westcliffguesthouse, Owner at Westcliff Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We really look forward to your stay every year - see you soon!

Reviewed 12 May 2011

"Come to St. Ives for an unforgettable Cornish holiday, come to Mike and Terrie Cook at Westcliffe Guest house for a truly warm and friendly stay.
Terrie's warm welcome and bubbly personality let you know you will enjoy your stay. The property is not too large, but the rooms are clean and comfortable, with the individual facilities one would expect, ie Tv , tea, coffee and biscuits, with en-suite in all rooms. The service is excellent.
The house and Terrie Cook have reflective personalities….. not overly large, welcoming, with a bright , sunny friendly outlook! (and the view from the house is one of the best in St Ives)
Mr and Mrs Cook are a warm, pleasant and accommodating team, this is a family home; stay here once and I guarantee you will return, just as we do,"

Eddie and Jackie Thrower
(Nottingham)

Room Tip: Ask for the Bridal Suite!
  • Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank happyspear
Westcliffguesthouse, Owner at Westcliff Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. Your kind comments are much appreciated and we are so pleased that you all have enjoyed your stay here. Thank you again.

Reviewed 2 May 2011

I stayed in Room 4 at Westcliff for Easter 2011. On arrival I saw that the pictures on their website http://www.guesthouse-stives.co.uk/ are entirely accurate – the views are simply amazing! My room on the second floor was quite small but had everything I needed – a comfortable double bed, good storage space, Freeview tv and wireless internet with a good connection included in the price. The bathroom was compact with a very good shower. As you’ll see from my photo, the room has breathtaking views over Porthmeor Beach, from the coastal path to the Island!

I found the Westcliff location ideal: close to the town centre and harbour (five minutes’ easy walking with no gigantic hills to navigate), yet right on the beach and blessedly quiet at night. I loved St Ives but the harbour area, even at Easter, was heaving with people. During the night at Westcliff the only sound was the waves washing on the shore – not something you could say in the town centre, I am sure! I travelled by train, but there is parking available for guests in front of the house, which I suspect is quite unusual in St Ives.

Breakfast was served from 8.30-9am and it was lavish – a choice of cereals, plus a cooked breakfast, with toast and jam to follow, and coffee or tea. The cooked breakfast was delicious and I loved the hot cross buns laid on specially for Easter! After such a vast breakfast, I found I only needed ice cream for lunch, so that saved me some money – and the Cornish ice cream is not to be missed!

Terrie and Mike were the perfect hosts – friendly, helpful and extremely efficient. Though it’s a small guest house with only four rooms, the service was first class. Westcliff will definitely be my first choice when I return to St Ives!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Westcliffguesthouse, Owner at Westcliff Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Thank you for your lovely comments - I'm glad you enjoyed the 'Easter Treats'.

Reviewed 26 August 2009

The Westcliff Guest House run by Terrie must and must be in the best location in St Ives with fantastic views overlooking the beach. Ideal for Porthmear Beach only a few minutes walk, and only a couple more minutes to the Town centre. Terrie the host is most accomodating and helpful. She even dried my wifes clothes for her in her tumble drier when she was caught in a shower. Breakfast is varied and plentiful. I had the full english for 3 days running and only just managed to finish it if i missed the cereals first. Plenty of free car parking right outside the door which is a big bonus as parking in St. Ives is horrendous. We parked up outside on day of arrival and didn't need to use the car again till we left. There are 2 rooms with a sea view, get 1 of those if you can, the views are superb. The garden facing facing rooms are ok too so don't be put off by them if thats all thats left because you won't want to spend much time in them as St. Ives in Cornwall is absolutely the best seaside town in the UK.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank grahamtravels

St. Ives is 'the jewel of the West' - we are so glad you enjoyed your visit.