We arranged another walking holiday with HF again this year, we intended to meet with friends we'd met from last year. We booked Chy Morvah in St Ives. After a 6hr drive to the house we were welcomed by Jen & Jamie who were great hosts.
We were allocated a large family room, the room was BIG, it could have slept 6 comfortably. The room located on the ground floor had only 3 issues for us, although none of them really spoilt it for us,
1. It was a ground floor room but had no net curtains, so the curtains needed drawing in the day if showering or using the toilet.
2. The bathroom was massive, enough room for a separate bath & shower, but only a small shower cubicle not big enough to turn around in with the door closed.
3. The television was a 15", it was just so small for the size of room we had, nothing could be seen unless you sat right in front of it.
We didn't really use the tv as we were walking most days but we liked to catch up on the Olympic highlights before sleeping. These three points were brought to the attention of Jamie who agreed and said things would be changed by next year.
On a lighter note the standards of cleanliness was excellent, the staff were super friendly especially Algridas the Lithuanian waiter & Bruce Gumbo the barman, he has an expert knowledge of the beers & ciders he sells in the bar. The food at breakfast, lunch and dinner was great, lots of variety and very good value for money. We will definitely be returning in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The popular harbour town of St Ives has plenty to enjoy. Explore the bustling harbour, wander through the narrow streets visiting artists' galleries, or enjoy the town's excellent beaches. St Ives is a great base from which to explore the rest of Cornwall. Your stay could include walks along the stunning coastal path, enjoying the beautiful beaches, or visiting world-class attractions such at the Eden Project or St Michael's Mount. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Chy Morvah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chy Morvah Hotel St Ives
- Chy Morvah St Ives, Cornwall