“Super B and B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Ives
Downlong Cottage Guest House
Ranked #32 of 102 St Ives B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We have just returned from a great 3 night stay in St Ives at the Downlong Cottage. The owners were very friendly and welcoming and made sure we felt comfortable throughout our stay. Our room was very clean and comfortable and breakfast was good! Would defiantly stay at this lovely B and B again!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank doniaedwards

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Nothing was too much trouble for Trish and Mike. They really work hard to ensure you have a great time. Weather was mixed for the long weekend we were there, sunshine two days and rain one day but lots to do. Location is really fabulous but not noisy at night .

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We struggled to find a B and B at the last minute and my wife gave Trisha and Michael a call as a last attempt. They had a room so we took it for one night and were not too bothered what it was like as it was last minute.

However, it could not have turned out better. Lovely B and B, Clean, tidy and great location. Trisha and Michael were very friendly. We had never been to St Ives before but what a fantastic place and wonderful beaches and we are only 70 miles away in Plymouth.

Breakfast was lovely with extra tea and toast no problem if you wanted it. All the guests seemed very satisfied.

Will use this B and B again when we are next in St Ives. Thanks very much.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Just returned from our holiday celebrating our Ruby Wedding. We honeymooned in St Ives and have revisited numerous times since. Previously we have stayed in hotels around Porthminster beach.area.
This time we booked Bed & Breakfeast at the Downlong Cottage. Both Trish and Michael were the perfect hosts,our room was excellent and the breakfasts were all fresh home cooked food from their own allottment.[ including fresh strawberries each morning].
The location was perfect for the beaches,many restaraunts and shops. Trish booked us a 7 day parking ticket in the Island car park and we didn't use our car once during our stay.
We will return.
Highly recommended.

Allan & Mave

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank M300ALS
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Let me start off by saying that I totally loved St Ives, and my accommodation just made it all the better. It feels good to come home to a nice place after a day of walking around and people watching. The communication between me and Michael (B&B owner) was brilliant from the start, prompt email responses, all queries answered. They, him and Trish (Michael's wife) made sure they were around when we arrived to welcome us.
Location: According to Google map it is a good 15 minute walk from the train station, which I would attest too. We didn't walk though, as we had luggage. Right outside the train station was Ace taxi service. Taxi took us 15 minutes as well only because the streets were narrow and the pile of people made it twice as complicated for the cab driver to make his way. The taxis were metered. We paid £5 quid to and from the B&B. St Ives Museum is literally a stone throw away from Downlong . Bamaluz Beach is 2 minutes walking distance West of Downlong, perfect place to play catch with your dogs. Going beyond Bamaluz beach, in about 3-5 minutes is Porthgwidden Beach which offers cottages and food shop as well. Atop Porthgwidden Beach is The National Costwatch Institution where you can virtually see the entire St Ives, and the Tate St Ives. East of Downlong, in about 3-5 minutes walk, is Porthmeor Beach, also with cottages and food shop. Most of the surfing facilities are found here. The farthest beach is Porthsminster which is a good 15 minutes walk, and is next to the train station. Trust me, the 15 minute walk is no sweat because you'll be walking along the town and coasts, thus, you wouldn't even notice the time. Downlong is a minute away from the St Ives town which boasts a lot of boutiques selling souvenir items, fancy clothes, Cornish goods such as chocolates, pasties, liqueur, etc.
Room: I booked for a double room and I was given a double room. It was a pretty tiny space as we were on the top floor, so no high ceiling. The room has hot drink making stuff, tiny, but clean toilet, towels, hair dryer, telly, clothes rail, chest drawers, nice pillows, duvet plus a warm blanket. We had to make use of all available space as it was tiny and me and my aunt both traveled with suit cases. The stairs leading to the room were narrow and the steps were steep, as I mentioned, we were on the 3rd floor which made it harder for my aunt as she was 65, a good 65 I must say, but her knees weren't all that great for high flights of stairs. The view from the room was limited to the sea shore, it was mostly roof tops that you can see. As we were on the 3rd floor, noises made by the seagulls were so noticeable, but it didn't bother us at night time. If you are particular with WiFi connection ask for a room on the lower level. The WiFi connection from our room was very poor that I had to seat by the stairs to access better connectivity. I also sat in the day room to use my laptop once which I didn't know was not intended for guests during the day.
B&B, Staff: Michael and Trish were fantastic hosts. They served breakfast as we specified it, soft boiled or scrambled eggs, the toasts were perfect, I love Cornish butter by the way. Included in the breakfast as well were grapefruit, strawberries, yohgurt, cereals, juice and hot drinks. The dining area was very cosy. We were given a set of keys, one for the front door and one for our room.
I will definitely stay in Downlong on my next St Ives visit, and I highly recommend you to try it there too.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ztripperz
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I was vey pleased about spending two nights in this lovely bed&breakfast. Trish and Michael made us feel very welcomed. Service with a genuine smile. Rooms are very pretty and bathrooms are extremely clean. Comfortable bed for a great sleep. Located on a quite street, but a minute walk from a lively embankment with lots of shops and restaurants. Good full English breakfast plus toasts, juice, coffee or tea. Elecric kettle, complimentary tea, coffee ans sugar are provided in the room.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2013

THis is a very good hotel and location, also to experiance true Cornish Hospitaliy, the rooms are very clean and neat.

We were a party of 8 and all were more than happy

The parking is 3 minutes walk from the hotel at the public car park, which is no problem.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends