“What a great bargain”

Treloyhan Manor Hotel
Ranked #77 of 102 St Ives B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We only decided to go St Ives on Thursday night and logged on Late Rooms .com. We found a premier room for £45 for room only at this hotel. It looks like a castle at the top of the hill going into St Ives - easily walkable to the sea front and a lovely town to browse in the winter sunshine.
Our room was brilliant - when we opened the door - it really was a "wow" - it must have been recently re-furbished - it was large with a huge bay window overlooking St Ives and Carbis Bay. What a wonderful place to browse the Sunday papers. The price of breakfast was £8 each and dinner £18 per person including a bottle of wine between 2 people. The menu looked very good but we decided to eat at the Cornish Arms pub just across the road. That was a brilliant choice - see other Trip Adviser report.
This is a Christian hotel - there was a large group of teenagers staying with their youth leaders - but they were no trouble and very friendly. As we are Christians - it was lovely to see them having a lot of fun and fellowship

Room Tip: We had room 7 which was amazing
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We have just arrived home after a stay at the hotel. It was our anniversary so we decided a to have a quick treat away in St Ives. The hotel is lovely, the staff were so sweet and kind. Our room was spotless; seriously crisp cotton sheets, the most comfortable bed which led me to have one of the nicest sleeps I had achieved a while. The setting is beautiful. It is an older style property with so much character. Only a very short distance into the town. I would recommend this hotel, the cost was simply unbelievable for the quality of the hotel. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Room 13, smaller but perfect. A stunning view, a lovely en-suite.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I have stayed in far too many Premier Inn and Travelodge establishments over the years so it’s always nice to stay in a hotel that has so much character and charm as the Treloyhan Manor Hotel. My fiancée and I stayed for one night as we were having a meal at the Porthminster Beach Café in St Ives and we were bowled over by the friendly welcome we received, due in no small part to the receptionist Jenny who is a credit to the hotel.

The building itself is very grand and steeped in history but still has all the modern conveniences like TV’s in the room and Wi-Fi. We opted for a superior room with en-suite and a sea-view and we were not disappointed. The grounds are very impressive with some good sea views down to St Ives.

The breakfast was not included in the price but was very good value, plentiful with many options.

We had not noticed that the hotel was part of the Christian Guild when we booked and as an atheist I felt a bit of trepidation but this was soon forgotten as the hotel clearly puts the comfort of their guests over and above any religious agenda.

I would recommend caution when pulling in to the drive as it is quite pot-holed and clearer signs on the road would be a bonus as we missed the entrance a couple of time but these are both very minor issues.

Room Tip: Sea view and superior with en suite
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Simon F
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I visited this hotel over the weekend of October 25th with my girlfriend and I can't find fault with it at all. The rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable, the showers in the ensuite bathroom was hot and powerful all the other bathroom amenities were in good order and very clean. The room (we had room 20) you could argue was a touch small, but we only used it for sleeping and showering so it was perfect for what we needed... Plus has a TV on the wall for added entertainment. The staff on reception were helpful and very pleasant. We returned late one night and there was no parking left except the disabled bay, which the hospital had no problems me using as there were no people with disabilities staying so it wasn't being used. The drive up to the hotel is a little worse for wear, so a lowered sports car is an interesting and slow drive down with 2 speed bumps to contend with too... My car hit the ground once so be extra careful as you come down. Also parking is a little tight too... We didn't use the food at the hotel so I can't comment on that, but it did smell nice. The walk into st Ives is only 15 minutes and has some lovely views as you walk in, also the room we had had a garden/sea view so was an added bonus at the price we paid. Overall would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, was a pleasure to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve B
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Lovely old building with wonderful grounds.

Room was on the smaller side and somewhat old fashioned, but pristinely clean.

Service fantastic - forgot my phone charger and they kindly posted it back to me the following day at no charge.

Only complaint would be the room was a bit too warm, even in October.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Andrew T
Reviewed 13 October 2013

What an imposing place! Gorgeous setting, spectacular views, a grand entrance with lovely stained glass windows, wood panelling and enormous windows framing the grounds. My friend wondered if she should have brought a ball dress. As we were staying just one night, I chose a budget single room, no en suite, no view and no breakfast - but for the £35 this was perfectly adequate, good value, clean and comfortable - and included TV and radio, wash basin and hairdryer. Good to see the Gideon Bible is still in place these days, too! The bed linen was top-hotel standard; immaculate, smooth and crisp, and the bed blissful. Reception staff friendly and helpful. Can't comment on the food, as fish and chips were calling from St Ives harbour... We'll try breakfast and dinner at the Treloyhan next time.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Catsdoormat
Treloyhan_GM, General Manager at Treloyhan Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Many thanks for your feedback and I hope you get to try our food next time, and maybe one of our Premier rooms

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Brilliant location..It's taken me a while to write this but I felt the need to voice how good this place is. I stayed here in an amazing room with spectacular sea views room at the beginning of September for 3 nights. Vicky,Jenny,Rosie in fact the whole team were kind,lovely, friendly . Always makeing the time to chat to you and make you feel so welcome. The accommodation is fantastic and an absolute bargain! The breakfast is second to none! And great parking with a 5 min walk to the beach.I had dinner on 2 nights and it was fab.

I seriously can't recommend this place enough and will certainly be coming back.

Room Tip: Room 10 was brilliant.. I did see in some other rooms and they all looked great.. They even had som...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tony H

Many thanks for your feedback which we all appreciate, hope to see you again soon