All reviews christian guild shared bathroom and toilet extensive gardens double ensuite room kippers carbis bay lovely hotel ten minute walk visited this hotel tea coffee comfy bed per night walk into st ives stunning location a lovely stay poached eggs cooked breakfast
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

The positives, looks beautiful from the outside, staff are friendly and we had lovely views from the room.

Unfortunately - no lifts, bed was hard, wifi reception was non existent in our room and poor downstairs and we had a noisy hot water system in our cupboard.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Matt T
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The previous reviewer was way off the mark! This place is lovely and characterful. Potholed approach? Just a few minor bumps that you might expect on a winding attractive driveway up to a grand old manor house. No lift? For two floors? Try a Holiday Inn. I was passing through so booked a single room, no sea view, no en suite, but I wasn't disappointed. There were two bathrooms nearby, a TV and sink in the room and the wifi worked perfectly. It was was warm, bright, spotlessly clean and comfortable. For the price I expected threadbare carpets, dingy decor and shabby furniture but not so. The sea facing lounge is beautifully decorated, and the wide staircase, stained glass window and carved wooden banquette are usually only found in places where you pay top dollar. The sign outside says it's fully licensed, there's an old style pool room (table not swimming) and I think I even saw a laundry for guest use. The building and grounds are lovely and for St Ives this is an absolute bargain.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are obviously the ones to go for but the rear facing ones to the road look out over trees
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Iuncus
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Not a good experience I'm afraid.
No lift (can't see it mentioned anywhere).
Very poor road surface (I did check prior to booking as we were on motorbikes but it's very poor for cars alos).
Trickle of hot water. Had to use the kettle - haven't done that for 20 years since pre central heating.
Manager hasn't called me to discuss my complaint.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lisyloo12
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Excellent clean rooms and good food with friendly, helpful staff made this a good stay. The peppered mackerel at breakfast was particularly good. I enjoyed the homemade soup for lunch in the lounge. I had a spacious ensuite single in the annex for the first night that seemed newly refurbished. I hope to stay again soon

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Had a lovely stay with great views of Carbis Bay. Loved the stained glass window in the hallway of this once old home. Beautiful grounds and walks. Great value for money. They have good vego options for all meals.

Room Tip: If you get the rooms up stairs, but no lift, so be prepared for stair. Worth the climb as the views are great
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple