“Well situated”

Treloyhan Manor Hotel
Ranked #76 of 102 St Ives B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 August 2014

The hotel is well situated with just a 10 minutes stroll down a cosy beach path to St. Ives. We booked late so we had a shared bathroom. The bathroom was not very nice and we were many to share, but the room had a sink and was clean. This is a Christian hotel - not that It matters - but we didn`t know. The rest of the guest were a bit older than us. There wasn`t much of a cafe when we were there but we got coffee and a piece of cake.

Room Tip: I recommend not to share a bathroom
1  Thank LindaPanda

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Not a stay as such but called in for a coffee. The receptionist seemed rather fed up that I was interupting her admin duties. I know I wasn't a hotel guest but I should still at least be a valued customer.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed here for three nights. Very disappointing hotel. We had a beautiful view out of our top floor room, but the room was very shabby and needing updating. Breakfast in the morning was buffet style, but having to order tea, coffee and toast. The staff were not in any hurry to serve you, never offered a top up of tea or toast. Didn't eat there in the evening so can't comment on the evening meals.
The grounds to the hotel are very pretty. Location to the town is good, but a very steep walk back up the hill to the hotel.

2  Thank DollyD100
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Normally, I am able to overlook the shortcomings of a hotel but there are no positives to this place. Our room had no shower and the whole place was in need of a major cleaning. Everything was extremely outdated, the pictures on our booking website showed modern finishings and stainless steel bathrooms, which I would be surprised to see. Very disappointed in my stay, pay more and receive what the pictures depict. DO NOT STAY HERE. This is not worth the price, if the option were available I would have taken a refund as soon as I walked in the lobby and stayed elsewhere. Also, the staff is unwilling to help with baggage and they charge extra if you pay for your booking on credit card. I can not stress enough, do not be fooled by the pictures, stay away!

Room Tip: Stay in a tent on the lawn
7  Thank Amber S
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed here for a week - didn't choose the hotel myself and it's certainly not one I'd normally stay in.

My single room was tiny, tired and with very dated furniture and furnishings. The bathroom was even smaller and the water pressure in the shower was extremely low. TVs in the rooms work well enough but lack of WIFI (or in fact, mobile signal!) is a big let down. As others have mentioned, there is also an odour of 'old people' around the building.

However, the place was absolutely spotless. I can honestly say I don't think I've ever stayed in such a clean hotel :)

Added to that, the staff were also polite and friendly throughout our stay.

The location is ok being about half way between Carbis Bay and St Ives and is only a ten minute walk downhill to the town (allow longer for the uphill walk back!)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was a comfortable enough hotel but there were shortcomings. I agree that there is a care home smell on the stairways, the breakfast was unimaginative with tinned peaches and grapefruit (adding to the care home feel!) and the drain in the shower was slow. The grounds are stunning as is the building itself and we couldn't fault the reception service. It has an old fashioned charm and a sense of tranquility but it could definitely do with some renovation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FamilleFerret
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is a Christian Guild Hotel. Although we are not religious it looked good value for money and in a good location.
It turned out to be a good choice. It is a lovely old building with helpful receptionists and other staff. There is a large and attractive lounge, big enough to accommodate several sofas easily. The gardens are attractive and well maintained, sloping down towards the sea, maybe 3 or 4 minutes away. The garden path leads out directly onto the SW Coastpath. Turning left onto it, there is a 5 minute walk to the nearest beach and a further 5 minutes easy walking takes you past some nice restaurants to the town centre.
By the time we booked the en suite rooms were gone, although pictures we saw looked good. Our room was relatively basic but clean and comforftable. There were several bathrooms, all reasonable, although the shower in one was temperamental.
We passed on the breakfast offer but had dinner one evening. It was fine but given the amazing selection of restaurants in St Ives I would choose in future to eat out.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view and en suite.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple