All reviews pilchard press porthmeor beach perfect hosts daily specials maple syrup eggs benedict central location b bs full english perfect place to stay perfect base attention to detail home from home each morning a wonderful stay fruit salad clotted cream
Reviewed 12 July 2011

We have just come back from staying at The Keep for the past few nights and had a great stay. The Keep is in an excellent location with everything being within walking distance. Carol and Mike were great hosts,with nothing being to much trouble and therefore made us feel very welcome. We stayed in the Mermaid room,lovely comfy bed,really nice modern shower room. We will definitely make sure to return!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2011

We adored this B&B. It has a great location in central St Ives 2 mins from Tate and also the harbourfront, but is tucked away enough to be peaceful and away from the crowds. The hosts Carol and Mike were very friendly and informative, the breakfasts were fantastic (pancakes highly recommended!) and the rooms were beautifuly decorated with super comfy beds. Loved the atrium room which is just outside the 2 bedrooms, it was lovely to sit and watch a film or relax there on a damp & drizzly June evening. Overall, we can't recommend this place enough!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2011

I have recently returned from staying at The Keep with my partner and his mother at the end of June for two nights. What can I say? It was fantastic!! The accommodation was simply beautiful and homely. Carol and Mike (Who own The Keep) were very welcoming, informative and just lovely. They made you feel like you were visiting friends rather than staying in a B&B.

I would highly recmmend The Keep to anyone visiting St Ives and I look forward to staying there again very soon!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2011

We were lucky enough to stay at the Keep on our June holiday this year. It was everything and more than we expected. The accommodation itself is absolutely beautiful with every detail considered to provide you with a break to remember. Carol and Mike our 'hosts ' were very welcoming and friendly, nothing seemed to much trouble. Carol was happy to give recommendations of places to eat and visit. The breakfast was amazing!!!! I had Berry pancakes which definitely lived up to my expectations and my husband had the English breakfast which he said was the best he's ever had. I am sure he will be raving about it in years to come. We would love to stay again !!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2011

My wife and I stayed in this delightful B&B for 5 nights in mid June 2011.

The attention to detail within the guest-house was second to none, we stayed in the "Pilchard" suite; it was as if we were staying in a five star hotel, not the usual red flock wallpaper and garish carpets that one usually associates with guest-houses in the UK.

We would recommend it to anyone thinking of staying in ST. Ives, the unassuming appearance from the exterior belies a superb place to stay, the owners Carol & Mike are friendly but not in your face; and the breakfast was to die for, good quality food superbly cooked and served with a sense of unassuming pride, that comes with a job well done!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple