Open today: 10:00 - 16:15
Review Highlights
Where to park?

The building is indeed very beautiful after the renewal and everyhing about it ia beaufitul, we... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
sammycubrick
via mobile
Seriously Underwhelming

It reminded me of the story of the Emperors New Clothes. Ceiling to floor wallpaper in... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Philip A
Lichfield, United Kingdom

1,729 results
All reviews top floor patrick heron new extension virginia woolf gallery space barbara hepworth museum stunning views
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Praise where praise is due, visited a couple of years ago, terrible, figured only fair to check with time passed. Much better, collection massively improved and worth the money. Small quibble, do we really need two gift shops? Coudn't the space be spent on showing not selling? But so much better so let's not be churlish.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We enjoyed a nice mornig at the Tate gallery, looking at art from the 20th century. Good exhibitions and a beautiful building. We also had lunch at the restaurant on the top floor, with an extrordinary view of the beach.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We visited the Tate Gallery St Ives having been recommended by family.
We were quite disappointed really, full of abstract art which I guess is great if that’s your bag but little in the way of anything else, still life and landscape of the surrounding area.
Good to see Picasso made an entrance and Constable mentioned.
Pretty wow factor cafe with sea views and the building itself a work of art.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely paintings and art work.. definitely worth a wander. Rather pricey but that’s art .. free to get in to!

Reviewed 21 June 2018

The newly extended Tate St Ives - well new to me - is astonishingly good. The current exhibition describes and illustrates the relationship between the vibrant artists of St Ives and the development of art internationally. There is a wide range of fine with perhaps some mildly challenging pieces. The captions are brief enough to be easily assimilated yet sufficiently informative to provide a worthy narrative.
The star of this exhibition is Patrick Herron who was for much of his career local. Hitherto to me little known so this was to be an education. Whilst appreciating the calibre of the works I needed guidance. Again the room captions and those provided to many of the paintings were clear, concise and informative. But it was the two well informed, approachable room guides who willingly talked me through various aspects of the artist's life, development and work that gave me a wonderful insight and therefore experience.
I have to say in every aspect - stunning.
The building is a triumph as is the view out over Porthmeor beach.