Chy-An-Albany
US$259
  • Breakfast included
Tregenna Castle Resort(St Ives)(Great Value!)
US$285
Orbitz.com
Excellent 5/5
The Regent(St Ives)
Great 4.5/5
The Gannet Inn(Carbis Bay)
Cottage Hotel(Carbis Bay)
  • Breakfast included
1,010 results
All reviewslighthouse bistrosea viewthe rear car parkdeluxe roomhot buffetfriendly hotelbuffet stylebreakfast was excellentporthminster beachwould stay againshort breaktown centrestayed for one nightvery pleasant stayan evening mealfamily roomfour nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 March 2011

A very warm welcome on arrival. A clean and well presented room , comfortable bed, controllable heating, tea making facilities it just could not get better at the price.
The breakfast menu catered for every taste and the quality of food was second to none.
All in all highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mikekc55
Reviewed 18 March 2011

We only stayed one night but we were very impressed with this hotel.Rooms were clean and comfortable, breakfast was help yourself and very nice. We will try and go back later in the year.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2011

I didn't even get to stay at this hotel.

It was made very difficult for me to book a single room with a sea view, but finally, having been told one was available I e-mailed to confirm this. Four days later they wrote to me asking for credit card details, which I sent by return email, only to be told the room had been just sold to an internet customer - a full four days after I had written to confirm my request.
It's hard to believe such inept service doesn't continue into other areas of the hotel. Perhaps I had a lucky escape.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
ChyManager, General Manager at Chy-An-Albany, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2011

Please note: As this guest states they did not stay at the hotel!

I was very sorry to hear of your frustrations when trying to book a room at the hotel and I understand your disappointment at not being able to stay with us at the Chy An Albany, As stated on our website until a deposit is paid the room is not confirmed we cannot provisionally hold rooms due to demand.

Yours faithfully

Chy-An-Albany Hotel

Reviewed 7 March 2011

Previously attended in May 2010 for my parents 60 th anniversary and on the strength of that pleasant meal and very attentive service i chose to celebrate my 60th birthday at Chy-an-albany.All my family live in the surrounding area so i arranged for a meal for 14 people and we travelled down for a 3 night stay with our best friends.Rooms 4 & 5 were a great choice,spotlessly clean,large ,modern,a HUGE bed in room 5 ,lovely bathroom and again the largest balcony ever seen with outstanding view of the bay.Admittedly two of the best rooms ,the choice is yours.Winter stays excellent value.The breakfast choice,again superb,not only fresh but of high quality in a dining room with VIEW.My evening birthday dinner was arranged perfectly with any of my requests satisfied..a totally happy break in a very friendly hotel. Forgot to add,even the balcony was hosed down and cleaned each day,beat that!! reviewed with everything taken into consideration from a `well travelled couple`

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tbilisi_lesara
Reviewed 5 March 2011

We had a luxury room with dual aspect sea views and it was well worth paying the extra. Very clean and comfortable. All the staff were friendly and helpful and it seemed to be a happy place to work - lots of smiling faces! We ate in the restaurant and bar and both offered a good menu - the food was fresh and well presented. Breakfasts were sumptuous feasts and we especially loved the ?home-made granola. It was good to see the work of local artists displayed in the hotel and it's well positioned for St Ives town.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple