We stayed in Room 7 (deluxe sea view with balcony) on the first floor. This was our second stay at this hotel & in this room. I booked direct with the hotel for a truly great rate for our stay.
The room is great for us as a family of four as there is plenty of room for the very comfortable king size bed & 2 singles for the children. There are also 2 armchairs & a coffee table for the children to sit & do colouring etc. The bathroom is large & was spotlessly clean. There were nice biscuits & water in the room along with a good choice of teas, hot chocolate & coffee. The heating in the room & the bathroom is controlled from within the room which is very convenient.
The view from the room is amazing across the Porthminster Beach and out to sea, on a good day it would be lovely to sit on the balcony but at the beginning of November we didn't do much more than pop out to have a quick look! The balcony is big, right across the front of the hotel & shared with another room but with each room having its own area with table & chairs. I would love to try it out in the summer...!
The breakfast was plentiful (mostly buffet with a few menu options too) and good and we had an excellent bar meal. We found the waiting staff at breakfast & in the bar to be really helpful, friendly and efficient. The reception staff were also very helpful. The only thing that knocked this review down from 5 stars to 4 stars is that the hotel could do with another member of waiting staff during busy breakfast service. The two people working at breakfast when we were there could not possibly have done any more but could have done with another pair of hands to help out!
It is worth so much to have car-parking so near the centre of St Ives. The car park at the back of the hotel is a good size & easy to get to. The walk down to town & back is about 15 mins, maybe a bit more on the way back as it is pretty steep. The Porthminster beach is only a 5 min walk away down the hill.
All in all I would heartily recommend this lovely, spacious room in this hotel with friendly staff & great breakfasts. A great base to see St Ives from :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Providing comfortable accommodation with every amenity you would expect from a luxury award winning AA 3 star rated Hotel in Cornwall. The Chy an Albany occupies a wonderfully elevated site with magnificent views overlooking Portminster beach and St Ives Bay in Cornwall.Only a short walk into town and with ample free off road car parking.The hotel provides an ideal base to explore St. Ives and its renowned Tate Gallery, as well as the quaint harbour side, cobbled streets and collection of beautiful beaches that have captivated artists and tourists for over a century. The hotel is also just a short walk from the train station at the bottom of the hill (approximately 3 minutes). The new 'Lighthouse Bistro' is an art-themed restaurant, showcasing a wide range of art from local artists. The gallery-style restaurant offers contemporary dining using the very freshest local vegetables and produce, fish straight from the sea and Cornish made cheeses alongside exotic foods and wines from around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Chy-An-Albany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chy-An-Albany Hotel St Ives
- Chy-An-Albany St Ives, Cornwall