We last stayed at this hotel 2 years ago so decided to stay again on July 7th for a 4 nights stay, we booked approx 4 months before and requested room 22 and payed the extra for dulux sea view. Slightly disappointed when we arrived that someone had been ill on the carpet of our requested room, which was no fault of the the hotel staff, they put us in an equally lovely room, with fantastic views of the bay & also gave us a great discount for the inconvenience.
The hotel is spotlessly clean & the staff are 5*, the position of this hotel is fantastic with a lovely 5 min stroll to the beaches and harbour. Breakfast was also great and of high standered with locally sourced sausages etc.
Many have said that this hotel is over priced for a 3* hotel, but I think you will find that all 3* hotels in Cornwall are of this price, if you want 4 or 5* then you need to pay their also overpriced rates.
They also have free parking, there is an overflow car park at rear of hotel so always plenty of spaces.
Thank you to all the staff for another lovely stay, we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Providing comfortable accommodation with every amenity you would expect from a luxury award winning AA 3 star rated Hotel in Cornwall. The Chy an Albany occupies a wonderfully elevated site with magnificent views overlooking Portminster beach and St Ives Bay in Cornwall.Only a short walk into town and with ample free off road car parking.The hotel provides an ideal base to explore St. Ives and its renowned Tate Gallery, as well as the quaint harbour side, cobbled streets and collection of beautiful beaches that have captivated artists and tourists for over a century. The hotel is also just a short walk from the train station at the bottom of the hill (approximately 3 minutes). The new 'Lighthouse Bistro' is an art-themed restaurant, showcasing a wide range of art from local artists. The gallery-style restaurant offers contemporary dining using the very freshest local vegetables and produce, fish straight from the sea and Cornish made cheeses alongside exotic foods and wines from around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Chy-An-Albany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chy-An-Albany Hotel St Ives
- Chy-An-Albany St Ives, Cornwall