Yet another enjoyable stay in this lovely hotel. The breakfast menu or the, help yourself to what you want from, the buffet has something for everyone ( apart from any pudding heads who just want a raw carrot. I highly recommend the full Cornish breakfast. The Lighthouse Bistro was once again on top form and we ate there 3 evenings during our stay. A little disappointed that the chef didn't offer us a piece of his home made fudge this year but when we find out his home address we will get him. All of the staff that we met including the cleaners, reception staff and waiters were very polite and very helpful along with nothing seems to be too much trouble to them. A special thanks to James, although all the staff go that extra mile, he goes the extra mile plus a bit. Its not hard to get a good hotel but it's the staff that make it Great and the Chy an Albany is a great hotel. Clean room attended to every day, nicely presented food, relaxing Lounge and all with wonderful views. The hotel is 5 minutes walk from the harbour and only 2 minutes walk to the railway station. A great base station to tour a large area of Cornwall within minutes drive. All this at a sensible price
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Providing comfortable accommodation with every amenity you would expect from a luxury award winning AA 3 star rated Hotel in Cornwall. The Chy an Albany occupies a wonderfully elevated site with magnificent views overlooking Portminster beach and St Ives Bay in Cornwall.Only a short walk into town and with ample free off road car parking.The hotel provides an ideal base to explore St. Ives and its renowned Tate Gallery, as well as the quaint harbour side, cobbled streets and collection of beautiful beaches that have captivated artists and tourists for over a century. The hotel is also just a short walk from the train station at the bottom of the hill (approximately 3 minutes). The new 'Lighthouse Bistro' is an art-themed restaurant, showcasing a wide range of art from local artists. The gallery-style restaurant offers contemporary dining using the very freshest local vegetables and produce, fish straight from the sea and Cornish made cheeses alongside exotic foods and wines from around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Chy-An-Albany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chy-An-Albany Hotel St Ives
- Chy-An-Albany St Ives, Cornwall