Stayed in room room 27 , which is described as a deluxe family room. The first thing we noticed was our double bed was in fact two singles zipped together, not good !!!! The view from the room was stunning out across the bay . Now on to the bathroom , if you wanted a bath , the water pressure is so poor it took ages to fill,and during our four nights the bath was not cleaned once, not good!!!!! . Back to the bedroom now, the TV was far to small for the room size, and very out dated, and not only that , it was placed to low down on a chest of draws, so if you wanted to sit up in bed and watch TV you could not see the TV screen , not good .!!!!!.The breakfast was was ok , and I must say the staff were lovely . But I did notice that a radiator we were sat next to at breakfast had food splash stains on it , which tells me things are dirty , not good again !!!!!. Now on to the bar , I ordered a Jack and coke , and as in a previous review the coke was flat , and the syrup mix for the coke was empty, now surely you would check these simple tasks before the bar was opened. My last comment to the owner / owners would be , go through each room and bathroom , and improve ,them you have a nice hotel in a fantastic place. Get your standards a lot higher than they are at present .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Providing comfortable accommodation with every amenity you would expect from a luxury award winning AA 3 star rated Hotel in Cornwall. The Chy an Albany occupies a wonderfully elevated site with magnificent views overlooking Portminster beach and St Ives Bay in Cornwall.Only a short walk into town and with ample free off road car parking.The hotel provides an ideal base to explore St. Ives and its renowned Tate Gallery, as well as the quaint harbour side, cobbled streets and collection of beautiful beaches that have captivated artists and tourists for over a century. The hotel is also just a short walk from the train station at the bottom of the hill (approximately 3 minutes). The new 'Lighthouse Bistro' is an art-themed restaurant, showcasing a wide range of art from local artists. The gallery-style restaurant offers contemporary dining using the very freshest local vegetables and produce, fish straight from the sea and Cornish made cheeses alongside exotic foods and wines from around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Chy-An-Albany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chy-An-Albany Hotel St Ives
- Chy-An-Albany St Ives, Cornwall