“My favourite place!”
Review of The Garrack Hotel

The Garrack Hotel
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in St Ives
Reviewed 15 August 2011

The most charming and lovely hotel set in the most beautiful of locations! I have been visiting The Garrack for 28 years and I never fail to have a pleasurable stay. A true gem!

Can't wait for my next visit!

• Stayed: August 2011

Reviewed 7 August 2011

Hello,

I really can't get my head around the couple of poor reviews this place has....

Whilst my wife and I were there the staff really couldn't do enough to make sure we were having a great time. The Hotel's restaurant served the most delicous food and at prices very similar to several of the less-quality focused eateries in the town centre and so we ate at the hotel a few times during our stay. We had room number 12 and, although we were given the opportunity to upgrade, we didn't since we already had a lovely room :)

The lounge area of the hotel was lovely with a very quaint, old-english country house feel to it and we spent several very comfortable hours reading there. I can only imagine the winter time when the log fire is going!

Another thing I liked about the Garrack was that the owners were always to be seen and were very amiable and approachable. The views from the hotel gardens were extraordinary and, all in all, we just had a wonderful time. We're aiming to visit again in the Winter and we can't wait!

Best.

thegimbletts.

2  Thank thegimbletts
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Stayed here in July and was most disappointed with the room, which was tired and run down. I felt that the price they were charging for such accommodation was exhorbitant.

The hotel itself seemed to be in need of some basic maintenance and upgrading. I understand that this is a family run hotel. Pehaps the current owners could do with bringing in some fresh ideas. I note that the owners, when crticised in these columns, seek to rebut each comment point by point, usually with the mantra that "these things are a matter of taste", thereby absolving themselves of any responsibility. I think that in any business the CLIENTS' opinions are actually more important than the owners'. Why not treat criticism as an opportunity to improve rather than reacting in such a negative way?

18  Thank petite100
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I stayed here for work - but took my partner and dog as we were en route for a holiday. The hotel is great - immacculately clean and nicely done up. The breakfast was one of the best I have ever had in a hotel. The view is completely spectacular and they bent over backwards to accomodate us with the dog - laying up breakfast in a separate room for us etc. They couldn't have been nicer and I will definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Olivia V
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Hotel is situated about a 10-15 minute (hilly!!) walk outside St Ives, overlooking Porthmeor Beach. Views are lovely, especially from the dining room. Hotel consists of an old original building and a newer externsion where our room was located. Room was fine, maybe a little 'old fashioned' in decor. Tea and Coffee making facilities were available - no WIFI in this room incase you need it - WIFI available in some of the other rooms and around the reception area. Hotel has a swimming pool and fitness area - did not investigate as weather was lovely and spent time outdoors! Lovely garden area to sit in with loungers. Breakfast was very good - cereals, fruit, juices, yogurt, cooked breakfast including fish etc. Car parking also available at hotel. Close by to many of Cornwall's tourist attractions and lots of fabulous beaches!! Owners very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 18 July 2011

Wonderful staff. brilliant staff. amazing food, nice resteraunt and bar, lovely views. nice location, great to have free parking in St Ives. However the rooms are dated. they need an update if these prices can be properly justified.

2  Thank bishog
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We love this hotel. Stayed 9 nights dinner, b&b, in sea view room overlooking the Tate and St Ives bay. Our 3rd visit and with glorious weather the best yet. Guests return here time and time again and we spotted a number of familiar faces. What attracted us back was the professional yet relaxing atmosphere, the great location, fabulous food and the selection of gins. Michael and Stephen Kilby and their staff work magic. Have already been pencilled in for next year.

1  Thank mrandmrsfGlasgow