The Garrack Hotel
US$402
US$391
Orbitz.com
roomertravel.com
All reviewspool barcaravan parksea viewporthmeor beachmain buildinglovely hotelfour poster bedbreakfast and dinnerstayed for nightsfantastic viewslovely roomshort breakhotel is situatedtown centretate galleryout of seasonsteep hill
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Located at the top end of St Ives and hidden from the approach road down its own narrow lane, the exterior of the hotel and the views across the gardens to Porthmeor beach and the town itself make you feel immediately you are in the right place. The reception is a nice open and comfortable area and booking in was completed cheerfully by the staff. My room was very comfortable,well maintained and I had plenty of storage space for my belongings
The restaurant staff were excellent,always cheerful and very friendly. The breakfast menu was everything you would expect in terms of quality,choice and service.
The coastal path and the cross country path to Zennor are adjacent to the hotel. At reception you will get all the help you need on what you might want to see locally and further afield.
Overall I was very pleased with my week's stay at the Garrack and will definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I cannot fault this hotel, and working in the industry that is not something I say often. The room was comfortable, spacious and had a great sea view . The staff were welcoming and friendly throughout our stay. The leisure facilities were great, clean and a good size, we enjoyed the pool and sauna and again the staff were really friendly. The food was a real treat, a breakfast cooked to order with a range of cereals, fruits and pastries etc set us up nicely for our day exploring St Ives. Dinner again did not disappoint, great choices on the menu; presentation and taste 10 out of 10. The best children’s menu! My daughter loved the catch of the day, and so did I (obviously I had to sample it!). I highly recommend this hotel for a great break away.
We booked our stay on a really good offer via group on.

Room Tip: Sea view was lovely
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2013

To be honest we only booked our weeks stay at the Garrack hotel on price. We booked a room with a sea view. After looking at pictures on the website I wasn’t expecting much. I was half expecting the sea view to be Fawlty tower like. Boy was I wrong!
We found the hotel very easy and it is well sign posted and is found down a little lane beware it is a little tight.
The little reception is light and airy and after booking in we were personally shown to our room. The room was fantastic! Open the door and through the large window we looked out to sea great! The room was clean and a nice size for a week’s stay. The bathroom was large and well fitted out.
We had booked B&B so made use of the hotel’s restaurant for breakfast. The breakfast menu was superb with plenty of choice. The cooked breakfasts were excellent! I regret not booking a table for dinner.
You can walk in to town in 10 to 15mins but there are some steep hills which won’t suit everyone.
All the staffs were very friendly and even though we are a young couple we were made to feel very well come. The Garrack Hotel made our week’s holiday very very enjoyable.
We will be returning in the future.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff and owners. Good facilities - we enjoy having the pool available. Excellent food and impressed that the hotel was able to cater for gluten free diet without fuss. The hotel is on the hill in St Ives but every evening after dinner we were able to walk into the town - really good exercise after such lovely food!

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We arrived at the Garrick on 2nd September at 3pm. When booking we had requested a good room with a sea view and was not disappointed. I could certainly recommend room 19 which over looks two stunning bays. It was a large room with a spacious modern bathroom and built in wardrobe which also accommodate our empty suit cases. The Garrick is very clean and well maintained with lovely relaxing gardens the Garrick also provide several sun loungers and we were lucky enough to use them because of the good weather. We did a coastal work into St.Ives at a relaxed pace which took about 40 mins but had to keep stopping to look at the stunning views. This journey only takes 15 mins by normal road route.
One of the high lights of the holiday was meal times. Fantastic range on breakfast menu.
and evening meal was a absolute delight, cannot speak highly enough of how fresh the food was
which was only enhanced by how it was cooked by the chiefs. Good waiting staff made meal times special.
We stayed at the Garrick for 5 nights and hope very much to return in the future.

Room Tip: Recommend room 19 for stunning view and easy access to the gardens. Whilst I can be critical, I do believe in giving praise where it is due.