“Absolutely wonderful”

Little Leaf Guest House
Ranked #3 of 102 St Ives B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 October 2012

My mother and I just stayed 3 nights at the Little Leaf and could not be more pleased. The location was great, the view was lovely, the room (#3) was pretty and spacious and very clean, the food was delicious and served in generous amounts. But what makes this place so special are the owners-Danny and Lee are genuinely pleased to help their guests have the best stay possible. They provide many little touches (a cookie jar in the lounge in the afternoon, books to borrow, an honor bar, and more) that show the effort they have put into making this guest house such a pleasant place to stay. It is a climb uphill from the harbour, no doubt, but my 67-old-mother did it several times, and with a pause now and again to rest, it was fine for her. If you are coming in by train, it's worth the few pounds to have you and your luggage go by taxi to their door- after that, walking everywhere is quite possible. Go and enjoy!

Room Tip: My mother and I wanted separate beds, so we chose room #3, which could hold three people if two shar...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank gypsymk

Reviewed 27 September 2012

We spent 3 nights at the Little Leaf and as pretty much everyone else says, it is a great place to stay. Danny and Lee are very friendly and welcoming and clearly take great pride and enjoyment in providing a great place to stay. They are full of helpful tips and information on the area and what's going on in St Ives.

The house itself is in a wonderful location with a fantastic view over St Ives and the harbour. Our room in the top of the house had an amazing sea view. It's an easy walk down into the town, though the way back involves some steep steps uphill.

Our room, like the whole house, was very clean and is been stylishly furnished and decorated - no chintz here! The room was a good size and nice and airy, although the ensuite shower room was tiny. All rooms have ipod docks too as well as the standard TV.

There is free wifi and also an ipad for guests' use in the front room. The front room of the house serves as the breakfast area and a small lounge with loads of tourist information leaflets. There is also a little honesty bar for wine and soft drinks etc.

Breakfast is fantastic, and huge unless you specifically request smaller portions! It's also pretty flexible if you want to go slightly off-menu. Jars of tempting home-made cookies appear in the front room later in the day too!

All in all a great place to stay if you're visiting St Ives, I can't recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: It's definitely worth going for a room with a sea view!
Reviewed 26 September 2012

My husband and I stayed with Danny & Lee for just 1 night in June 2011. We wished we could have stayed for longer. We had been let down by the original B & B we had booked, but ended up at the Little Leaf instead. This turned out to be the best thing that could have happened to us. Our room was fantastic. Lovely and clean with plenty of room. We had the best view of St. Ives you could have asked for. We felt on top of the world. Danny and Lee were very friendly hosts and the breakfast was great also. We had come to visit Cornwall from Christchurch N.Z. not long after our devastating earthquake and we found somewhere beautiful and soothing to calm our shattered nerves. Thank you so much Danny and Lee for being a life-line when we really needed it. You have a truly lovely B&B in a beautiful part of England. Gerry and Denise Macpherson, Christchurch, New Zealand

Room Tip: Ask for the room at the top of the guest house, with the best view looking out over St. Ives. It is...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Spent 3 nights here September 16 - 19 and I have to say that having read reviews on TA I was looking forward to a pleasant stay.
What I got far exceeded my expectations.
From the moment we walked through the door until the moment we sadly had to leave, nothing was too much trouble. Danny & Lee are two of the nicest people you could wish to meet, full of bubbly enthusiasm that is positively infectious.
The house is spotlessly clean, breakfast is a shear joy with nothing too much trouble to ask for.
None standard requested are not only dealt with but relished by both of them.
Their knowledge of the area is superb and information & tips are forthcoming at every opportunity.

I cannot rate this place highly enough, indeed I would go so far as to say it is the best guest house I have ever stayed at.
Absolutely superb.

Room Tip: Great for couples
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We have just returned from staying at Little Leaf and I have to tell you all how fantastic this B&B is. From the moment you arrive you are really looked after, the view into St Ives from the breakfast room is out of this world. Our room was clean and well maintained with Cipper Tea that is now my favourite choice for a cuppa. The Breakfast is delicious with a choice of different specials every day. I highly recommend to anyone visiting St Ives.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

I stayed here with my parents for 4 nights and after having seen the trip advisor reviews I was really hoping tha little leaf lived up to expectations. Well we needed have worried the whole stay was amazing from the warm welcome from Danny to the great local information and recommendations provided by Lee.
The rooms were beautifully decorated and very clean, it was only a short 5 minute walk into st Ives where there are so many great restaurants.
I must make a special mention of the fabulous breakfasts espc the fruit cinnamon toast!

We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2012

I cannot speak too highly about this lovely Guest House, we have just returned from there after staying three nights in Room 2 with the best view of St Ives. Danny and Lee were both lovely people who run the Little Leaf superbly. Our room was light, airy and just simply a pleasure to stay in. As for the breakfasts, what can I say, simply the best, which was varied every day. Those sausages Danny were scrumptious!!! Thank you Lee for the tea and biscuits when we arrived, much appreciated. Also liked the variety of teas in our room to choose from. One of the best B&B we have ever stayed in. Will make a return visit for sure.