We stayed here in October and it was outstanding in every respect.
The owners Lee and Danny made us feel welcome from the moment we booked, and continued to do so when we arrived and every time we saw them.
Location is perfect and a 3-4 minute walk straight into the centre of St Ives. The walk can be done either down some steps or via an easier but longer route.
The room (we were in room 5 at the very top) was pristine in every respect and perfectly blended the traditional with enough mod cons to make a stay more relaxing or enjoyable. For example a dvd player with a selection of dvds available, an ipod doc, ipad availability and alarm clock. There was plenty of storage, good heating, an excellent power shower and a fantastic view (photo added).
The breakfast was great too. There's a choice of a full English (traditional or vegetarian) or the option of a daily special. The full English was exceptional and included two perfectly poached eggs. My wife had the berry French toast one day which was also very good indeed. There's also some lovely preserves available including a very tasty caramel spread!
I think the owners clearly take a lot of pride in their guest house, and so they should. They've combined excellent personal touches and a modern feel without losing the traditional aspects. From the cup of tea and biscuits when we arrived (which was well needed after a drive from Surrey) to the moment we left we didn't have a bad word to say.
Lee and Danny you should be proud of what you've acheived here. You've worked hard to make Little Leaf a guest house that others should aspire to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great breakfasts, spectacular views. 2 Minutes from town. A modern, relaxed B&B, just a few minutes from town and conveniently located next to public car parks. Facilities include WiFi, TV/DVD players, iPad and iPod docks. We have 6 ensuite rooms two with panoramic views of St Ives and the ocean and one with a private garden all of which are different enough for everyone to have a favourite. Whether it's a sea view, private garden or a cosy hideaway you're after we have a room to suit all tastes and budgets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Little Leaf Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Little Leaf Guest House Hotel St Ives
- Little Leaf Guest House St Ives, Cornwall