Little Leaf Guest House
Chy-An-Albany(St Ives)
Boskerris Hotel(Carbis Bay)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsgarden roomfull englishcomplimentary winegreat hostsdaily specialsevery morningwarm welcomeattention to detailtown centrelittle touchesbreakfast roombay windowsteep stepslovely guesthousebiscuitsfeel very welcomelovely couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed at Little Leaf in early May with my partner. Our room was at the front of the house and had amazing views of the harbour. Lee and Danny were great hosts and very welcoming. Lee gave us invaluable info on where to eat, what to see, even where to catch the sunset!!!
Our room was spotless and very comfortable and had everything you could want. Our breakfasts were substantial and the daily specials highly recommended, especially on Wednesday when there is huevos, a spicy wake up!
My sister and husband arrived and surprised us on our second day so we ended up booking a third night on the last minute. As this was unplanned we had to change rooms and had to take the room in the eaves. It was quite cramped after our spacious first two nights, and glad we only spent one night there. My sister had the luxury of the garden room, and thanks to the amazing weather we chilled there before exploring the town.
Overall Lee and Danny were great hosts, with a great b&b, if anything was lacking it was a bathtub!! The room at the front could certainly accommodate this and after the steps in town it would be gratefully appreciated!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2014

From the moment I walked into Little Leaf guesthouse it was like coming to stay with friends. Lee and Danny are so lovely. Always friendly, welcoming, happy to help and a good laugh. Their guesthouse is beautiful. The room I stayed in was beautifully decorated with great views over St Ives and with everything I needed. Lee gave my some great ideas of things to do and see while I was staying and both Danny and Lee are very knowledgeable of St Ives and the surrounding areas. Oh and the breakfasts were DELICIOUS!
I didn't get to do all the things that Lee suggested so I will definitely go again... To St Ives and to Little Leaf guesthouse!

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 5 and it had amazing views. I think Room 2 and the Garden room look like winners too.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Me and my mum stayed in room 2 for 3 nights and absolutely loved our experience staying there.

The B&B
Homely. It was very clean and tidy, but also really warm and cosy feeling, with lots of personal touches and bits and bobs around. It really did feel like a home rather than a B&B. There is also lots of DVDs, books and magazines to borrow.

The service
Spot on in every way! Danny and Lee are such lovely, approachable, helpful people, and I felt like i was in a friends house rather than a B&B. You can tell that they love what they do and they create a really friendly and relaxed atmosphere, even if it may be hectic behind the scenes!

Breakfast
I wasn't very adventurous with my choices... sticking to the veggie or normal english brekkie which were tasty, but I did find that it was quite large, but that's probably more to do with not eating that much usually at that time in the morning. But they do specials each day, and the other people in the room seemed to enjoy them. They also make a really nice toast spread called 'Dulce de leche'. Definitely worth a try.

The location
Ideal. Less than 5 minutes and you're in the centre of it all. I really liked the stroll there and back. However, there are, i think, 71 steps between the B&B and the town. I didn't mind this at all, but obviously not ideal for everyone. There is another route down which has only a few steps though (Between 5 and 10 i think). The train station is about 10 minutes away walking (which is via the less steps route). We got a taxi from the station to the B&B as we had very heavy suitcases and that only cost around £3 or £4 (can't quite remember).

The room (Room 2)
Lovely. A good sized light and airy room, with a big comfy bed, tv, two big armchairs, cosy lighting, and a big wardrobe. The bay windows were massive and we really enjoyed sitting there in the evening looking out to the amazing views, with some wine, almost forgetting that we were meant to be going out for a meal! I miss sitting there! The balcony is small and a bit squished with table and chairs but nice to have a balcony regardless of size, plus it was nice to let in the fresh air at night (it was a hot few days!). The bathroom is fine, modern and clean with a good shower. The only thing i would say is that there wasn't enough space to put things like toiletries in the bedroom and bathroom so alot of things were on the floor, also there is only one mirror, again not really an issue other than competing with my mum (the bathroom was quite dark so couldn't use that for makeup etc), but we both thought it would be nice to have an additional small mirror by the window and a larger shelf (or small table) by the existing mirror. Regardless of those silly things, it was a great room that i highly recommend. Cosy, homely, fresh, comfortable, and spacious :)

Some tips...
We went to the Minack theatre and St Michaels Mount, both of which i highly recommend. However, if you're not a fan of theatre and want to appreciate the beauty of the Minack theatre, go in the daytime - we went to watch a play in the evening and I was gutted to not be able to walk around and appreciate the scenery. If you go to St Michael's mount make sure you go in the garden, it is amazing, I didn't want to leave!

Room Tip: Room 2 - Spacious, fresh, homely, great view, balcony, huge bay windows with 2 armchairs. Loved it!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lizardcat
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

My colleague and I stayed here on business. I cannot give this guest house enough praise. The owners have thought of everything for the guests comfort. The rooms are lovely and the location perfect.
Excellent breakfast too!! Thank you Lee and Danny for a wonderful stay and for your fabulous hospitality.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Really great place to stay in St Ives. The guest house is a short walk from town with excellent views. It's really comfortable inside and nicely decorated throughout. The facilities are perfect - rooms are en suite with TVs and tea/coffee facilities and there is also a lounge area for guests with books/dvds. Danny and Lee are great hosts and really made an effort to make us feel welcome and at home. Good breakfasts with a decent range of options too. Although there aren't parking spaces, there is a large car park 100 yards away that costs about £5 for 24 hours and free on-street parking overnight so we didn't find it a problem. Overall highly recommended and we would definitely come back again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple