“We always come year after year as a relaxing break, in a wonderful location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Ives
The Countryman Hotel St Ives
Ranked #36 of 102 St Ives B&B and Inns
Harlow, United Kingdom
“We always come year after year as a relaxing break, in a wonderful location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

The Countryman is a favourite retreat of our family as we started going there 20 years ago. Our children are now grown up but my husband and myself often pop down to this beautiful part of the country to recharge our batteries.........
In recent years the hotel has changed hands and the New Owners Michael and Sylvia have really made a difference, it is very welcoming and friendly situated in a central part of Cornwall with beautiful scenery, and easy access to travel around looking at the many beautiful sights and beaches that Cornwall has to offer.

The hotel has been updated to a very high standard, the rooms are all spacious ( we have stayed in all six ) The recently updated rooms have great en suite facilities and are clean and well presented, room 5 even has a lovely bath.......as well as a shower.

The owners Michael & Sylvia are exceptional hosts, nothing you ask for is too much trouble, they make your stay a holiday to remember. The breakfasts have plenty of choice and the food is always well presented and hot.
I myself am a coeliac and going a way and eating out is a huge nightmare. I have a medical condition that means I have an intollerance to wheat and gluten)
Staying at the countryman is a great weight off of my mind as I just turn up with my bread and rolls etc.as Michael and Sylvia cook these for me to take out on my travels daily.. Very few places cater for coeliac's so you learn to go without. but it often means my husband won't eat because I cannot .....

I can thoroughly recommend the " Cream Teas" as my husband and I often return to the hotel in the late afternoon to enjoy some time in the garden having a cream tea sitting in the wonderful grounds of the hotel listening to the birds in the trees and enjoying the cornish sun , when the weather in England permits this.
My scones have been made so I don't get left out and I can honestly say I don't know of another hotel that does this.

This is a small but friendly hotel well worth a visit, over the years we have met some great people and will keep returning to recharge our batteries.

Room Tip: When choosing a room it is very difficult , but I love room 5 as you can lay in bed and watch the ni...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

My friend and I stayed at the Countryman Inn for 6 days. We found the rooms to be very clean and looked newly decorated. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the bar/lounge was very inviting and cosy. Breakfast is either chosen off the menu or you can help yourself to a wide selection of cereals,meats ,cheeses(too many things to mention lol)
I had poached eggs on toast because that's my favorite.
The only downside to our stay was the weather! too much rain and not enough sun.
Maybe next year.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2011

I have traveled to Cornwall from Manchester for the last sixteen years on at least four holidays a year. Through the years we have at first as a couple and now as a young family always stayed in or close to St-Ives, that is until we by chance, landed with Mike and Sylvia Saunders and there wonderful, The Countryman Hotel, Trink, St-Ives. Tired and hungry my wife and me and two rather fractious children arrived once more to the sound of crunching gravel and the sweet smell of newly moan grass at what has become our only choice destination for all our St-Ives holidays. On wearily getting out of the car after a very long 12 hour drive “bad traffic” we were met by Micheal who quickly booked us into the cottage next to the main house. No sooner had we placed our bags down than we were delighted to receive a call to come and take some tea in the dinning room of the main house, later that evening after our children had been able to stretch there legs in the large hotel gardens we sat having a quiet drink in the bar with all our needs taken care of by the very genuinely helpful Sylvia, it was not long before we were all very ready for the arms of Morpheus. This was the start of our week long stay that felt like it was little more than a short weekend break

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Cambridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2011

We have just spent a lovely week at The Countryman - this is the fifth time we have stayed here. Our children were quite small when we first started going, and every year they ask, when are we going back to the Countryman? It is a lovely, family run, comfortable hotel with lovely spacious rooms, which have been recently refurbished. It is in a perfect location to explore this lovely area and even after 5 visits, we still haven't seen all there is to see. Would definately recommend this hotel - fantastic value for money, fantastic location, fantastic hosts, all in all, fantastic.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2011

My husband had arranged for a 5day break in Cornwall as a mini-moon after our Aug wedding. Mick & Sylv (the proprietors) made our room really special with a bottle of bubbly, card and fresh flowers. Our 3 year old was totally accommodated and even had a couple of evening meals made to order! The hotel itself is very pretty and the garden planting is beautiful (typical Cornwall) with a brook running near the front. This is was our second time at the Countryman and by no means our last - looking foward to seeing Mick & Sylv again in September.

• Stayed September 2010
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2011

The location of the Countryman hotel is just perfect since it is in the countryside between Penzance and St.Ives, meaning that one can be in the north or south Cornwall cost in a matter of minutes by car. The Hotel itself looks lovely, although it is a bit too near to the main road. Fortunately, the road is narrow and there are not many cars passing by at night. We were a group of 4 adults and 3 small children, and were a little bit concerned about the accomodation. However, our family room was fantastic, and my wife, children and myself were all very comfortable. My parents stayed in another room which was also very nice and spacious. Bathrooms were of good size and recently redecorated. There is a beautiful back garden were guests can relax and kids play. The owners are friendly and prices very reasonable. The only area were I would see space for improvement is food, but with many excellent restaurants within range this is certainly not a problem.
All in all, this hotel is excellent value for money and would recommend without hesitation for your next trip in Cornwall.

Room Tip: the rooms on the top floor are very good
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family