“Not what it used to be!”
Review of Bumbles Tea Room

Bumbles Tea Room
Ranked #11 of 12 Coffee & Tea in St Ives
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Not what it used to be!”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I always get lost in St Ives trying to find Bumbles but generally manage to get there eventually and thoroughly enjoy it, hence why I keep trying to find it! However I won't be needing to find it again as my last visit was a disappointment as it has changed hands and is no longer the quaint little tea shop which served delicious cakes; this time although the food was reasonable, I had a flapjack, the surroundings were completely different and it didn't have the same feel to it at all. Oh well at least I can stop getting lost now! I just need to find another coffee shop!!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Rosi8510

Sussex
“Not as good as I remembered”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We stopped off at Bumbles for lunch whilst in St Ives as we had eaten there before (OK it was a year ago) and remembered it as being a good place to eat. Maybe it has changed hands or something and I notice from other reviews that the tables have been changed - I thought it was 'quainter' on our last visit. However, I ordered the pasty (apparently cooked on the premises but prepared at Rowes the local bakers) and salad and my husband had a jacket potato. Sadly my pasty had been overcooked and was black on the underside. The coffee was not very nice either. Hubbie said his jacket potato was OK and his tea. The salad was very dull but had quite a nice salad dressing on it. Service was fine although we did have to wait a little while but the cafe was quite busy so this was to be expected. Very clean but no atmosphere and the food is certainly not out of the ordinary. People were having cream teas which looked very nice.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Only a small place and sometimes difficult to get in, but very prompt service and extremely delicious food. We shared a crab sandwich so we had room for cake, we really enjoyed our food and visit.

Preston, United Kingdom
“English tea room”
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Walking around St Ives on a miserable day we stumbled on Bumbles! The tea was excellent and the Victoria sponge was perfect. The staff were polite and friendly.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Very poor service”
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Visited on a Saturday morning. There were 3 other tables being served breakfast. We sat inside and the waitress managed her utmost to avoid any eye contact with me for at least 10 minutes! When I eventually managed to get her attention, another 5 mins passed before at last I ordered 3 drinks & 2 cakes.
The setting and food are pleasant enough, BUT, the service is awful! I won't return and unless they either train or change staff I wouldn't recommend the place at all, there's far nicer cafes in St Ives.

Visited August 2013