“Amazing”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Dunstable, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed 3 February 2017 for a stay in November 2016
person found this review helpful

Sorry it's taken me a while to write this review! We stayed at Black Moon in November 2016. My friend had stayed there earlier in the year and had recommended it to us. This is a place for couples, it's very romantic and it's situated in the most breath taking location - right on the beach. I couldn't have picked a better retreat for my boyfriend's 40th birthday. It was indulgent and was simply perfect. St Ives is beautiful - but I can imagine how crowded it would be in the summer. We were very fortunate with the weather for November - clear blue skies and sunshine for the 4 days we were there. I couldn't recommend Black Moon highly enough. We loved the area so much we have already booked another week in Cornwall in the summer this year but will be taking our daughter this time. Book this apartment, you won't be disappointed.

Your age range 35-49
wiseowl74
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Hubby booked for a surprise for my birthday!!”
Reviewed 2 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

All i can say is WOW!! My husband booked this as a surprise for me for my birthday, having never been to Cornwall myself I was in awe of the location and especially the property OUT OF THIS WORLD, there has been no expense spared here absolutely beautiful and as for the Cave wow!!!! This was such good aspect to the property and a great chill out area later in the evening where you could chill out and listen to the waves crashing below us.
I would stay here again in a heartbeat stunning and beautifully perfect
Highly recommneded!! :-)

MissGbee
Essex, United Kingdom
“Stunning”
Reviewed 15 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

We stayed here for our mini moon & what can I say its a beautiful apartment. It looks over a beautiful cove and the view is simply stunning.
The apartment is clean, modern and beautifully decorated.
I would love to return to St Ives in general as it's such a wonderful, magical place and staying at the Black Moon was the icing on the cake.
It's location is great with so many restaurants and cafés around.
Definitely recommended.

22 Sep 2016
Thank you so much for your kind review, it means the world to us to hear when guests have had a good time. Hopefully we can organise another stay in the future.
Very Best
Hamish & The Beachspoke Team
Claire D
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Honey moon of our dreams”
Reviewed 27 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

Myself and husband have just got married and came to the black moon for our honey moon for 5 nights
We have had this booked for 14 months and have been so excited!
The black moon when you walk in is just breath taking we were lost for words!
The Black moon is amazing in every way! The views looking on the beach everyday is amazing! U could be anywhere in the world but this is the best place we have ever stayed nothing can top this!!
St Ives is the most amazing place we have ever been loved it!
Right near the amazing restaurants and shops
Blackmoon st Ives we hope to come again one day!
Thankyou for the best honeymoon we will never forget!

22 Sep 2016
Thank you so much for your lovely review and for thinking of us for your honeymoon. Many congratulations on your wedding and we are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to organizing another holiday for you.
Please don't hesitate to contact us should you need anything else at all.
Kindest regards

Hamish & The Beachspoke Team
Sodapop12
Dorset, United Kingdom
“Not quite up to scratch”
Reviewed 24 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

Our hopes were high for this property, due to the reviews, the photos and the price we had paid!!
However for us to just didn't meet our expectations.
The housekeeping standards were very poor. I could list a long line of issues but won't bore you.
You can't fault the decor and furnishings but at the end of day it's a one bedroom apartment and I can't get the figures to stack up.
The parking is a real bonus for sure. We could have unloaded the car by the property and it would have been good to have been informed of that before our stay.
The property faces East so no chance of any afternoon/evening sun. The weather was great when we stayed so we went to the nearby pub and sat in their garden which had full sun.
The location of this property is spot on and really near to everything yet with privacy.
I don't think the downstairs snug window does open like the photos on the Internet.
I ended up cleaning the middle two French windows as we couldn't see out of them, as the windows had not been cleaned. I also had to clean the remote controls as they were really grubby for other users.
The property needs a revisit with regards to cleaning standards and needs some quite basic things like a pair of matching drinking glasses for one (there was one glass one and one plastic one). There were only five coat hangers as another example, one of which was broken and ripped my top. Some binoculars would be a nice touch and some information on walking in the area. The info left was out of date as one of the restaurants was closed down. the shower floods the bathroom and there are some unpleasant drainage smells, which are marginally covered by the amount of reed diffusers in situ.
I don't ever recall being so picky at a property, but when you pay this kind of price you expect a lot and in this instance we were really disappointed.
Overall I would say this is a lovely property, but hugely overpriced.
Boutique retreats who we booked through were extremely good and I would use them again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Really comfy bed and easy location
Liked least: Poor cleanliness
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
28 Apr 2016
Dear Sodapop12,
We are sorry to hear you didn’t find Black Moon up to scratch. We are currently reviewing the way our properties are being managed and working to ensure the standard of maintenance is more than up to scratch. We sincerely believe Black Moon is a truly unique property and will take all your comments into consideration to ensure it remains to be so.
I hope that you will come and visit us again.
Kind regards
Ben.
Michael T
“Black Moon must be a unique experience”
Reviewed 11 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

Black Moon is designed for maximum enjoyment and comfort. It is also situated so that the
main room opens directly onto a wall-filling view of the sea. Large folding doors open out to
fill the room with the sound of waves breaking on the rocks immediately below. Lying in bed at night this induces a wonderfully relaxing sleep.
Every need is catered for, with an excellent bathroom and shower, and a small kitchen supplied with all necessary equipment. With the wealth of good eating places nearby, it is not necessary to do much cooking.
The décor is fabulous throughout, and there is a huge mirrored sliding door separating the
lounge area from the bedroom. This seems to double the size of the room when closed, and
reflects light from the window.
All in all this was a unique experience, and entirely positive.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The closeness to the sea
Liked least: A certain degree of confusion over the complex lighting.
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
16 Dec 2015
Thank you very much for your review, I really hope to welcome you both to the cottage again.
Nowheregi...
Wales, United Kingdom
“So nearly 5 stars!!”
Reviewed 25 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

Let me start by saying that I am very sorry to be leaving Black Moon tomorrow (Saturday April 25th) and I am wide awake at 11.20pm and thought I may as well do my Tripadvisor review now, as I really don't think I'll be getting to sleep I anytime soon....more of this later!

Firstly, we booked Black Moon for 7 nights, having read the rave reviews on both the apartment and St Ives. When we arrived I instantly loved St Ives and Black Moon, which is situated on a lovely quiet road just off the Wharf. On entering it was warm and cosy with a beautiful scent. The Decor is dark and dramatic with a lovely bright, white airy lounge area and glass doors looking straight onto Bamaluz beach. When we arrived the tide was in and it was lovely to watch the waves crashing up against the rocks, while we were looking down from our warm haven. A bottle of Champagne was in the fridge for us, a very nice touch and a pint of milk.
We have enjoyed some lovely long walks around St Ives and Black Moon has been wonderful to return to. The bed, as others have said is wonderfully comfy and just behind the bed is the seperate area for the bath and shower. The toilet is seperate, just down the hall, some might find this a bit of a nuisance, but as I hate loos in Bathrooms anyway, I preferred it.
Everywhere is fitted out so beautifully, even the little cloakroom.
Our week flew by and we both said yesterday afternoon that we couldn't wait to come back...and to some extent that is still the case.
A couple of niggles, well one niggle and one thing that has pretty much ruined the end of our stay.
Firstly, we had one bath towel each left in the bathroom and we were staying 7 nights. I expect enough towels left in the property to last for the duration of our stay...I don't expect to have to ring the housekeeper every time I want clean towels....we're on holiday!!
Now the major niggle...
Yesterday afternoon some new guests, very obviously , arrived and stomped upstairs into the property directly above Black Moon. We thought nothing of this really and put the stomping down to shoes on hard floors, which we realise, can't help but make some noise. Well the stamping round has gone on all today and tonight reached another level with lots of moving of furniture thrown in for good measure!! It's now 12.30am and at last it's all stopped. This may well never happen again, but it needs to be pointed out that there is a separate property above Black Moon and the noise carries very easily downstairs.

So we leave in the morning. Will we return? To St Ives certainly. To a Beachspoke property? Definitely!! Louisa and the team at Beachspoke have been so helpful and I love the way they have designed all their properties and Black Moon especially is a stunning apartment in a perfect location in St Ives. Just check who's staying above if you want some peace and quiet!!

A quick update.... It's 6.42am and I've just been woken up to all the stomping round again...just glad I'm leaving in 3 hours!!! If this had been at the start of our week it would've ruined our time here.
Hopefully return one day....if the noise issue is sorted.

How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;