“relaxing break”

Tregenna Castle Resort
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in St Ives
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Had a great stay,staff very pleasant ,breakfast and evening meal were excellent.
This was our 2nd visit and we will return. Room beautiful ,excellent views only problems we had was towel loose in bathroom, and one of the knobs on the shower control fell off,but the shower still worked. Location brilliant look forward to going back.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms overlooking the sea.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
12-Management, Guest Relations Manager at Tregenna Castle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Sorry about the towel rail and shower knob, I have had our maintenance crew fix them.
Thank you for your lovely review, your compliments and for visiting us again. We eagerly await your return.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Had a lovely stay, staff were very pleasant and helpful, food was excellent. Look forward to coming back. We always enjoy St Ives but this was the first time we used Tregenna Castle and were very impressed.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the sea view
1  Thank stephen H

We are very pleased that on this trip to St.Ives, you chose to stay with us and that we did not disappoint you.
Thank you for your review and compliments. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back sometime soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Once again the staff and facilities excelled. February half term with my husband & 16 year old son, along with my older brother and my disabled parents. The hotel had a specially adapted room for my parents who stayed on a B&B basis. Wide doors and plenty of room in the bedroom suite, but the highlight was a wet room complete with hand rails and shower chair (a helpful suggestion would be 2 single beds instead of a double in this room). The rest of us stayed in one of the self catering cottages, this was beautifully clean and recently decorated. A bonus is that all bedding and bath towels are provided, meaning less things to pack in the car.
We used the great spa facilities and the boys had a brilliant round of golf on the superb course and the sun shone the whole day.
As a family we ate in the hotel a number of times as well as enjoying the fabulous buffet style breakfast (which caters for absolutely everyone). My husband had the best steak he had ever tasted one evening in the main restaurant and we also ate in the brasserie. All the food is fresh and beautifully presented and the service/staff are friendly, polite and professional - an extra mention for Jose who made us all feel special and welcome whether we were just having a coffee or a full blown meal. All the staff have a smile and a hello whenever you see them - we can not fault Tregenna Castle and hope to enjoy many more stays in the future.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
12-Management, Guest Relations Manager at Tregenna Castle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

It is always a pleasure to welcome you and your family to our hotel. You visit us so often that it feels as though you are part of our family.
We are pleased that your folks enjoyed room 52 and you, your Coach House, and that you managed to take advantage of our facilities.
Thank you for your wonderful, flattering and complimentary review and for, once again, rating us so highly.
I sincerely hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Tregenna Castle exceeded our expectations. Our apartment was clean, cosy and comfortable. Food was excellent. Staff were very attentive without being over the top. Location was superb. And all at a very reasonable price. Definitely going again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
12-Management, Guest Relations Manager at Tregenna Castle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

We are really, very happy that we managed to exceed your expectations and that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you very much for your compliments and the fantastic rating. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

This was our second trip to Tregenna (approx our 30th to St Ives) and we wanted to introduce our friends who have never been to St Ives before. We could not have had a better time and they were so impressed with both Tregenna and St Ives. We had such a wonderful stay, the staff were so helpful and friendly and the food was excellent .We will certainly be visiting Tregenna again. Tregenna and St Ives. What a wonderful combination!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for introducing your friends to Tregenna castle Hotel, and thank you for your wonderful review and compliments.
We are very pleased that you all had such a great time and that you will visit us again. We look forward to welcoming you, and hopefully your friends, back.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I've read some disappointing reviews about this hotel but also some excellent ones so having booked I arrived with an open mind.I was physically and mentally worn out and needed a stress free break and I can honestly say I got it.
From the moment I arrived I was made to feel welcome. In no particular order:-
The staff were all very friendly and helpful
The food was excellent. I understand there is a relatively new chef. He is good.
Nothing was too much trouble.
My single room was spacious.
The hotel was spotless
My facial and massage were very relaxing and reasonably priced.
The woodland gardens are beautiful and tranquil.
The pool was warm and the jacuzzi lovely and hot.
Even the workmen,painters,decorators etc were all friendly and the cherry on the top was that the sun shone.

It was good to see the new staff receiving customer care instruction during breakfast and dinner.
As a single traveler I had a lovely relaxing time. I would highly recommend this hotel and will be back when next in need of a relaxing break

Room Tip: I had a single room ,105 with no view, but I knew this when I booked. If I return in warmer weather...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for coming to visit us and for formulating your own opinions.
Your review was a pleasure to read and I thank you for all of your compliments.
I am very pleased that we were able to provide you with the relaxing environment that you wanted and sincerely hope that we will have the privilege of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Having just returned from a extended weekend at Tregenna I would like to recommend this wonderful hotel to everyone who wants a relaxing break with good food at a lovely venue. I upgraded to a sea view room, the room was huge and had a wonderful view over the bay. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The grounds have spectacular walks. There is a track down to St Ives which is beautiful. The whole weekend has left me feeling pampered and recharged. I will be booking again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to sea view room
1  Thank christine278
12-Management, Guest Relations Manager at Tregenna Castle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

We are extremely pleased that you had such an enjoyable overall experience, with us. Thank you very much for your flattering compliments and fantastic rating. We are exceedingly grateful for any recommendation that you may make and hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back sometime soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Ives
#1 of 4 in Truro
Pedn Olva Hotel
Pedn Olva Hotel
#5 of 20 in St Ives

Been to Tregenna Castle Resort? Share your experiences!