The view was magnificent from the restaurant. The breakfast and evening meals were also excellent. The hotel staff were excellent & very friendly. The car park was free ( awful to have to even say this nowadays ! ).Complimentary drink on arrival was nice.
There was major building going on during our stay & outside our bedroom window. It seemed to start at 8am but then stopped & started intermittently. My main issue was that it put me off coming back to the hotel during the day. We asked for a change of room but there was nothing available. The hotel was on the top of a hill which while providing an excellent view had the downside of providing a tough walk from the town. Not for the unfit...or maybe so...to get fit. The car park was behind the hotel but down a very steep slope with room for only one car to drive up or down at a time. I did not meet another car but dreaded the thought of doing so. When we were checking out there was a number of buckets in the lobby catching water coming through the ceiling ! It had rained heavily overnight but still .... not what you would expect for the price......which was quite expensive for what we got. Overall a mixed stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa is perfectly positioned directly above Porthminster beach boasting stunning views across the water. Watch as the waves lap against the famous Godrevy Lighthouse in the distance and feel your troubles disappear. Explore the local harbour, as you meander through the cobbled streets, and then return for dinner at the Terrace Restaurant, serving up seasonal and local food, along with stunning sea views. The Harbour Spa provides the perfect hideaway, as you indulge in a soothing treatment and then unwind by the pool, gazing out to sea from the comfort of a lounger! Enjoy an indulgent afternoon tea, cocktail or light lunch on the alfresco dining terrace and soak up the sea air and sensational views. The 46 bedrooms offer complete comfort and some of the Superior Bedrooms have balconies - a perfect place to relax over a morning coffee with the papers or afternoon tea watching the boats sail by... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Superbreak UK, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porthminster Hotel St Ives
- Porthminster St Ives
- St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa St Ives, Cornwall