My partner and I stayed here on 6th and 7th Feb., following 3 nights in Sennen Cove. My partner had booked two nights as a surprise on our way home to South Wales via the Social Living website and had paid for an upgrade to a sea view. When we got to our room she was extremely disappointed and a little upset, as the sea view was very restricted. I spoke to the staff on the reception desk and asked whether there was an alternative room available, but aware that extensive refurbishment was ongoing at the hotel. They referred me to the duty manager, Mr Des Chaplin, who enquired what the problem was. When I explained the situation, he took me to an alternative room on the first floor ( room 110 ), which turned out to be a suite, at no extra cost, with huge views of the town and bay.
During the course of our stay, he always stopped for a chat if he saw us. As a result of the way he dealt with our problem, we would definately return to the hotel. Thank you Mr. Chaplin.
Having said that, the rest of the staff were helpfull and courteous at all times.
Yes, there is a major refurbishment programme ongoing, but this did not detract much during our stay, with the spa being a very relaxing place to be. All in all a relaxing stay
When the refurbishment programme has been completed, this hotel, I would imagine, will be the best in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa is perfectly positioned directly above Porthminster beach boasting stunning views across the water. Watch as the waves lap against the famous Godrevy Lighthouse in the distance and feel your troubles disappear. Explore the local harbour, as you meander through the cobbled streets, and then return for dinner at the Terrace Restaurant, serving up seasonal and local food, along with stunning sea views. The Harbour Spa provides the perfect hideaway, as you indulge in a soothing treatment and then unwind by the pool, gazing out to sea from the comfort of a lounger! Enjoy an indulgent afternoon tea, cocktail or light lunch on the alfresco dining terrace and soak up the sea air and sensational views. The 46 bedrooms offer complete comfort and some of the Superior Bedrooms have balconies - a perfect place to relax over a morning coffee with the papers or afternoon tea watching the boats sail by... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porthminster Hotel St Ives
- Porthminster St Ives
- St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa St Ives, Cornwall