We booked through groupon for a two night stay at the beginning of March. On booking I was not informed that work was ongoing at the hotel, but this in no way detracted from our stay.
I get the impression that a full upgrade from a faded, but grand hotel is taking place, and from what I saw a good job is being made. The only thing that I was not too keen on was the reception area. I wasn't sure at first if we had walked into the correct place, as it seemed to be more like someone's office than a reception. I wasn't keen that you had to stand and look down at the people at the desk. I prefer the standing face to face way. We got a lovely room overlooking the beach, with a balcony. The room was spacious, with a very comfortable bed, We had a meal one night, and although the menu was not as extensive as that show on the internet due to the work in the hotel, the food we got was very well cooked, and the waiting staff were very attentive. Breakfasts were a help yourself buffet style. The spa seemed to be very busy, and my massage was good.
The location is what makes this hotel, overlooking the town and bay, and just a short stroll into the centre of St Ives. I would have no hesitation in returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa is perfectly positioned directly above Porthminster beach boasting stunning views across the water. Watch as the waves lap against the famous Godrevy Lighthouse in the distance and feel your troubles disappear. Explore the local harbour, as you meander through the cobbled streets, and then return for dinner at the Terrace Restaurant, serving up seasonal and local food, along with stunning sea views. The Harbour Spa provides the perfect hideaway, as you indulge in a soothing treatment and then unwind by the pool, gazing out to sea from the comfort of a lounger! Enjoy an indulgent afternoon tea, cocktail or light lunch on the alfresco dining terrace and soak up the sea air and sensational views. The 46 bedrooms offer complete comfort and some of the Superior Bedrooms have balconies - a perfect place to relax over a morning coffee with the papers or afternoon tea watching the boats sail by... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotel.de, Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo and Superbreak UK so you can book your St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porthminster Hotel St Ives
- Porthminster St Ives
- St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa St Ives, Cornwall