We booked a weekend at the St Ives Harbour Hotel through Living Social which we thought was a great deal. 2 nights bed and breakfast with dinner and a spa treatment. The weekend got off to a bad start but in the end was such an enjoyable time.
So first the bad bits.We arrived at a busy time and when I walked into the reception no one greeted me and one of the staff was tapping away on the computer and didn't acknowledge me. I had to ask if this was the reception only to be told the receptionist would be along in a bit. She was lovely but was obviously rushed off her feet. A supporting member of staff would be a recommendation. Our room was very modern looking but the fixtures and fittings were not practical for a hotel and we had no hot water and no phone so I had to go to reception in my wet swimming clothes to ask for help. Assistance came after a second request and then the bath wouldn't fill. We were moved rooms and the issue resolved.
So onto the good bits. The location is fantastic and the building works didn't affect us. The dinner staff are amazing and the food was delicious. The breakfast was hearty and fresh and of a really high standard and the view from the dining room is breathtaking. You could sit there all night looking at the bay! The bar is well stocked with lovely wines and the bar manager has obviously brought some quality beverages to the hotel. The spa is relaxing and although we didn't quite get the spa treatment we were expecting it was enjoyable.
I was told they are having a second designer in to finish the rooms to acceptable standards. Once this has been done this is a lovely hotel and worth a visit. Thanks to all the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa is perfectly positioned directly above Porthminster beach boasting stunning views across the water. Watch as the waves lap against the famous Godrevy Lighthouse in the distance and feel your troubles disappear. Explore the local harbour, as you meander through the cobbled streets, and then return for dinner at the Terrace Restaurant, serving up seasonal and local food, along with stunning sea views. The Harbour Spa provides the perfect hideaway, as you indulge in a soothing treatment and then unwind by the pool, gazing out to sea from the comfort of a lounger! Enjoy an indulgent afternoon tea, cocktail or light lunch on the alfresco dining terrace and soak up the sea air and sensational views. The 46 bedrooms offer complete comfort and some of the Superior Bedrooms have balconies - a perfect place to relax over a morning coffee with the papers or afternoon tea watching the boats sail by... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Superbreak UK, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porthminster Hotel St Ives
- Porthminster St Ives
- St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa St Ives, Cornwall