Well first of all nowhere on this large victorian stack could i see the name St ives harbour hotel,the sat nav took me to the porthminster hotel and i drove on thinking i had put the wrong post code in.I made a phone call when i could and was informed that this was indeed the place we had booked.So beware.I could see extensive work was going on to the outside so with a bit of luck the new signs will be up soon.Car parking over the road and undercover,if you can park you will find it a godsend,its up a slight slope and into a basement,you cant miss it.There was a member of staff over there who was friendly and ready to give us any assistance we wanted,its all a bit of a tight squeeze.
Reception and staff were lovely,just what you would want for a perfect book in.
Its obvious work is underway inside as well and when its all finished i think by Christmas it will be lovely,so take no notice of the carpets on the stairs etc.
We were allocated a delightful room on the third floor which overlooks the main street.It was spacious and modern,with a large beautiful bathroom.Massive white fluffy bath sheets and a spectacular shower.Also a nice touch was small lights fitted into the bath panel on the floor,a great help when visiting the bathroom at night.One small little temporary problem in the bathroom was that a small piece of net curtain could be fixed up whilst building work is in progress,you can be seen by the lads on the scaffolding at the moment.
The bed,was pure luxury,feather pillows and feather mattress topper made for a great nights sleep.
When the apartments are occupied over the road i think net or vertical blinds will be needed,the roman blinds now fitted wont be private enough.
The dining room,maybe the best in St Ives,enough said.
The cooked items for breakfast are freshly cooked and tasty,but on the very small side.The toast is like a crispbread,so beware if you order something on toast,very measly portion indeed.
However there is also a table groaning with all other kinds of cold breakfast goodies to fill up on,so didnt go hungry.
The lounge and bar is most relaxing,dont worry if it rains,what a lovely place to sit and have a chat or read whilst enjoying that view.Didnt get to use the spa or gym,had enough exercise walking back up from the town.
We wish we were still there,loved it !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa is perfectly positioned directly above Porthminster beach boasting stunning views across the water. Watch as the waves lap against the famous Godrevy Lighthouse in the distance and feel your troubles disappear. Explore the local harbour, as you meander through the cobbled streets, and then return for dinner at the Terrace Restaurant, serving up seasonal and local food, along with stunning sea views. The Harbour Spa provides the perfect hideaway, as you indulge in a soothing treatment and then unwind by the pool, gazing out to sea from the comfort of a lounger! Enjoy an indulgent afternoon tea, cocktail or light lunch on the alfresco dining terrace and soak up the sea air and sensational views. The 46 bedrooms offer complete comfort and some of the Superior Bedrooms have balconies - a perfect place to relax over a morning coffee with the papers or afternoon tea watching the boats sail by... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Hotelopia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porthminster Hotel St Ives
- Porthminster St Ives
- St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa St Ives, Cornwall