We returned after 18 months after recommending friends. The new foyer and spa are lovely and reminiscent of top end Thai hotels. The gym has the best view ever with treadmill overlooking the sea. Breakfast and Dinner staff engaging, friendly and relaxed. Quality breakfast - not too big. Lovely quality dinner. Our rooms were big and had great views - we got moved from the first room due to noise from builders, but this isn't a bad thing - the rooms are all getting beautiful makeovers.
Really comfortable beds
The remaining rooms are lacking polish but still lovely for the rates.
Downsides - I found the welcome a little lacklustre and unfriendly, no newspaper offered (which would have been appreciated). I asked for an ironing board in the evening and it didn't arrive until I requested again in the morning. The funniest thing ever was - we returned to our car on the last day after a walk around town - I asked in the foyer for the man to help us down in the lift (car lift needs and operator). I think I may have disturbed his lunch because he totally blanked us. I said thank you. I tried to engage in conversation and when on the ground floor and we thought he would help us reverse onto the road but just left us without a word - stroppy. Maybe I disturbed his lunch, maybe I stayed too long after checkout - everyone has an off day I guess. These pretty, trivial criticisms do not detract from an always lovely experience.
This is a beautiful (improving), hotel, the common areas and bar are warm and smart. Best views ever and still our favourite hotel. Lacking the polish of the Christchurch Harbour Hotel because of room decor and slightly marred service but I don't care. Brilliant - thanks
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa is perfectly positioned directly above Porthminster beach boasting stunning views across the water. Watch as the waves lap against the famous Godrevy Lighthouse in the distance and feel your troubles disappear. Explore the local harbour, as you meander through the cobbled streets, and then return for dinner at the Terrace Restaurant, serving up seasonal and local food, along with stunning sea views. The Harbour Spa provides the perfect hideaway, as you indulge in a soothing treatment and then unwind by the pool, gazing out to sea from the comfort of a lounger! Enjoy an indulgent afternoon tea, cocktail or light lunch on the alfresco dining terrace and soak up the sea air and sensational views. The 46 bedrooms offer complete comfort and some of the Superior Bedrooms have balconies - a perfect place to relax over a morning coffee with the papers or afternoon tea watching the boats sail by... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porthminster Hotel St Ives
- Porthminster St Ives
- St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa St Ives, Cornwall