We had our wedding here on the 12th April and this hotel certainly lived up to all the awards they’ve received, it’s amazing!
Rebecca, Elle & Serene are the most loveliest wedding coordinators, they work with you to create the wedding you have dreamt of no matter what you ask for! Every single guest commented on how great the food was, it looked good and tasted even better, served quickly and with great care, this was all topped by the relaxed friendliness from the very professional and attentive staff which helped make everybody feel comfortable, all set to the stunning backdrop of views from the room. Everything ran like clockwork, every member of staff new exactly what was expected and Helen who is in charge of the events team was great at ensuring all this happened – she is super!
All the rooms that have been renovated at the hotel have been done beautifully and not to mention the outside terraced areas… gorgeous!
Unfortunately we didn’t have chance to use the spa over the 2 nights we were there due to our busy schedule, some of our guests did and have said how fantastic it was, we are really looking forward to returning for our 1st anniversary to make full use of everything on offer.
The parking is stress free – you pull up outside – unload – porter comes and takes your keys to park your car and leaves you to check in. (Just ask at reception as and when if you need your car or access to it)
We had breakfast in our room on the morning of the wedding. The night before me and my mum picked exactly what we wanted from a huge list and chose the time we wanted it (early) - I hung the list outside our door and it arrived on time the following morning. The Morning after the wedding we chose to eat in the dining area to say hello to guests from our wedding – My husband asked for something that wasn’t on the menu and it wasn’t an issue at all they just made an note and it came out with mine. The breakfasts we ate here were of a high quality and presented well – just as you would expect. The continental breakfast had lots of choice too and the staff where welcoming with smiles.
If you are planning your wedding here you really will have an amazing time and if you’re thinking of booking it DO IT! It was one of the best days of my life.
Sydney & Curtis
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa is perfectly positioned directly above Porthminster beach boasting stunning views across the water. Watch as the waves lap against the famous Godrevy Lighthouse in the distance and feel your troubles disappear. Explore the local harbour, as you meander through the cobbled streets, and then return for dinner at the Terrace Restaurant, serving up seasonal and local food, along with stunning sea views. The Harbour Spa provides the perfect hideaway, as you indulge in a soothing treatment and then unwind by the pool, gazing out to sea from the comfort of a lounger! Enjoy an indulgent afternoon tea, cocktail or light lunch on the alfresco dining terrace and soak up the sea air and sensational views. The 46 bedrooms offer complete comfort and some of the Superior Bedrooms have balconies - a perfect place to relax over a morning coffee with the papers or afternoon tea watching the boats sail by... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de, Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo and Superbreak UK so you can book your St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porthminster Hotel St Ives
- Porthminster St Ives
- St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa St Ives, Cornwall