“Perfect Wedding Venue”

St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in St Ives
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We planned our wedding at the St Ives Harbour Hotel, and it was absolutely perfect. The location is stunning and therefore we have amazing photos to remember our day by. The staff were incredible throughout the planning process and on the day itself. The rooms are in the process of being upgraded - but even the ones which hadn't yet been done(March 2013) were more than adequate. Yes - the parking can be difficult if you have never been to the hotel before - but the team did a great job of deaking with our guests. The food at the reception was immaculate - and overall I cannot rate this place highly enough for a wedding.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Firstly Congratulations on your wedding.
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review. I am over the moon to hear you had a wonderful wedding day. We hope you will come back in the future to celebrate an anniversary.

There are newer reviews for St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 2 May 2013

We are not oblivious to the few issues raised in some other reviews but, we felt that you'd have to be a real moaner, looking for something to grumble at, for these things to be your conclusive and overall appraisal. There was a lot of work going on but heyho, sometimes work of this nature has to be done, there is no absolute assurances that your hotel room is gonna be some tranquil, silent haven. We loved the St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa , everything we could wish for such as overall comfort, food quality, courteous staff and with the spa extra. Our suspicion is that we enjoyed a relatively cheap rate, because of the ongoing work, and that we'd not be able to afford to enjoy it again, watch this space!

Room Tip: Nothing to say here.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review on Trip Advisor and for rating us 5 stars. I am so happy to hear you loved your stay here at St Ives Harbour Hotel. We are undergoing going a refurbishment at the moment and we do try to minimise the disruption, I am pleased to hear it was of no bother to you.
I hope you will return soon to see the improvements when they are finished.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

We had planned a special trip but were let down by the inability of the staff to even get a basic bookings correct. We had booked two twin rooms next to one another three months in advance so they had time to arrange. We got one twin and one double. I love my sister but not that much!! We ended up with rooms at opposite ends of the Hotel and two floors apart! We really had to complain to get our rooms sorted out which they did eventually (one day later) but it was a struggle.

The Spa Hydro pool was broken, the patio was filthy in fact the only really good thing was the view!!!

Would not return.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank SPNorwich
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent Trip Advisor. I would like to apologise for the Hotel not coming up to the expectations that we as a business should be delivering.
Unfortunately due to the repair of the Hydro pool we have had to shut it for a couple of days. I am sorry this was of a disappointment to you.
I hope you will visit us again in the future.
KInd regards
Peter Holgate.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

We had our wedding here on the 12th April and this hotel certainly lived up to all the awards they’ve received, it’s amazing!

Rebecca, Elle & Serene are the most loveliest wedding coordinators, they work with you to create the wedding you have dreamt of no matter what you ask for! Every single guest commented on how great the food was, it looked good and tasted even better, served quickly and with great care, this was all topped by the relaxed friendliness from the very professional and attentive staff which helped make everybody feel comfortable, all set to the stunning backdrop of views from the room. Everything ran like clockwork, every member of staff new exactly what was expected and Helen who is in charge of the events team was great at ensuring all this happened – she is super!

All the rooms that have been renovated at the hotel have been done beautifully and not to mention the outside terraced areas… gorgeous!

Unfortunately we didn’t have chance to use the spa over the 2 nights we were there due to our busy schedule, some of our guests did and have said how fantastic it was, we are really looking forward to returning for our 1st anniversary to make full use of everything on offer.

The parking is stress free – you pull up outside – unload – porter comes and takes your keys to park your car and leaves you to check in. (Just ask at reception as and when if you need your car or access to it)

We had breakfast in our room on the morning of the wedding. The night before me and my mum picked exactly what we wanted from a huge list and chose the time we wanted it (early) - I hung the list outside our door and it arrived on time the following morning. The Morning after the wedding we chose to eat in the dining area to say hello to guests from our wedding – My husband asked for something that wasn’t on the menu and it wasn’t an issue at all they just made an note and it came out with mine. The breakfasts we ate here were of a high quality and presented well – just as you would expect. The continental breakfast had lots of choice too and the staff where welcoming with smiles.

If you are planning your wedding here you really will have an amazing time and if you’re thinking of booking it DO IT! It was one of the best days of my life.

Sydney & Curtis

Room Tip: Sea View Rooms
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I am so pleased to hear you had a wonderful wedding and stay here. Big Congratulations to you on your wedding day also.
I will make sure the events team and Helen read your review they will also be happy to hear you had a fantastic day.
We look forward to seeing you again for your anniversary.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 21 April 2013

My wife and I spent a wonderful 4 day break at this Spa Hotel in February,having been to this Hotel twice before it became a Spa Hotel.I have to say the Staff at this Hotel were all very helpful and polite and couldn't do enough for you.The restaurant food was 1st Class with not 1 fault with the food,and the staff were extremely attentive.My wife and I would fully recommend a stay at this Hotel with its marvelous Sea Views from your Bedroom Window.St Ives as a whole is very picturesque,and you have lovely beach walks.Fantastic Place to go for a break.

Room Tip: Sea View Room
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Thank you For your lovely review on Trip Advisor.
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us. I will forward your praise onto the team here, who will be motivated by your review.

Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

I'm local to st.ives and got treated to a spa day with a few friends for my 21st. Was lovely! And what a bargain!! £15 for all day there... And having lunch upstairs 2 amazing courses (spoilt for choice!) for only £12 and a free glass of wine when you quote I think it was spring falls?? Was on their website. Overall fantastic day, highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank hannahlb492

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor and for rating us 5 Stars. Happy 21st Birthday! I am pleased to hear you had a great day and birthday.
I hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

this hotel has the makings of something special, however it is let down by most (not all) of the staff having zero customer service skills. I have just returned from a short break there with girlfriends where we were looking for a nice spa break altogether, it was to be a memorable holiday as of the party is very poorly. The hotels cavalier attitude, inability to follow through on pre-booked requirements was disappointing at best. after serious negotiation with the duty manager we did get our room changed to a superior apartment, which was lovely, but most other areas did not live up to expectation. Even treatments in the spa required a refund, very poor indeed. I think the reception staff should all be re-trained in basic good manners although Mark was most helpful and stood out from his peers.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to the peninsular apartments if you are not happy
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa
Chy-An-Albany
Chy-An-Albany
#8 of 20 in St Ives

Been to St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!