“a great spa experience”

St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in St Ives
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We spent a day here as part of our holiday. I booked the spa day over the phone which was very efficient. The staff were friendly and courteous . We used the pool area which was just heavenly with views out over the beach. all the facilities were clean and we were given towels, robes and shoes as part of the deal.
We both opted for a back, neck and shoulder massage. All over too quickly! We then went up the hotel bar/ lounge area for lunch. We had a quiet table overlooking the beaches which added to the relaxation! Food was great.
The whole experience was very relaxing

Room Tip: Look out for their special deals
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor after your recent spa day. I am pleased you had a great experience with us here at the St Ives Harbour Spa and that you found it all very relaxing. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon in the not too distant future. All the best, Peter.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,534)

Reviewed 1 November 2013

5 ladies went to this hotel for a weekend at the beginning of October. from start to finish we had excellent service. the rooms were luxurious and the view from the bay window was stunning. We would certainly go again. the treatments were relaxing. the only small disappointment was
t he swimming pool which was very small.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a 5 star trip advisor review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here with us at the St Ives Harbour Hotel. The views across the Bay are truly stunning and I am pleased you also agree. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future. Kind regards Peter.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We have just come back from a wonderful weekend--two very attractive and comfortable rooms overlooking beautiful Porthminster beach with very good quality linen on comfortable queen size beds. All the staff were welcoming and helpful and the spa was a particular delight. Breakfasts were freshly cooked and delicious--maybe a little too much choice which possibly slowed things down a bit in the kitchen. The hotel is a short walk into town with all the galleries, harbour and beaches (3, all different!) it has to offer.

Room Tip: Those facing Porthminster beach are very special.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay here with us at the St Ives Harbour Hotel. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review on trip advisor. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again. All the best Peter

Reviewed 25 October 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for a short break to celibrate her 60th birthday.We where there from Monday 14th to Thursday 17th of October this year and could not be more pleased with our room(109).
It had a sea view which looked out over the bay and down on the town and was equal to any we have had anywhere in the world.
The staff where very friendly and helpful and the meals served in the restaurant to die for and the service was very good.
The room was made up each day to a very high standard and was very clean and fresh.Full marks to all.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor and for rating us 5 Stars. I’d like to wish your wife a very happy 60th birthday. I am pleased to hear you had a great time here at the hotel, and that you enjoyed your meals in our Restaurant. Good feedback is always great to hear. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future. Kind regards, Peter

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We had a wonderfully relaxing massage at the complex and then had afternoon tea in the hotel. The views across the bay were stunning. A perfect end to a perfect day. I would like to take a short break at the hotel and really indulge myself in its spa facilities. St Ives is and will always be the perfect holiday location for me.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for your fantastic 5 star review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your Harbour Hotel spa day experience, and the stunning views across the Bay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon. All the best, Peter

Reviewed 22 October 2013

The breakfast, the view & the decor are all 10/10
However, my first room had many faults: the heating, the phone and the TV weren't working!!
I informed reception about the heating (to be fair they offered to change my room) and due to the fact I had just unpacked and was very busy I said I was happy with the room and if they could just put a heater in the room that would be fine. After being away on appointments I was told they were "so" busy they hadn't had time .... rubbish (after being away for 4 hours)!!! This is not the height of the season. The TV then decided to buffer and I was told "oh, that's just St Ives" .... rubbish!! I own an apartment at the rear of the hotel and there are no problems. I was told unless a customer complains the how are they to know!! If your selling a premium room you expect the basics to work. The attitude from the receptionist was totally unacceptable. If she has said oops sorry about the heater and I'll sort it out now that would have been fine. Alas for its nice points it is let down by basic service. I stay away in St Ives all the time when my own apartment is busy and for the same view but superior service I would personally recommend the Pedn Olva. PS - The service from the porter and restaurant staff was very good. I won't be staying again :(

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent review. I am sorry that certain aspects of your stay did not come up to our high standard. All customer feedback is very important and I would welcome the opportunity to talk this through with and to restore your faith in our product. I hope to speak to you soon. Kind regards Peter (01736 795221)

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We spent the weekend at this hotel for a family wedding and we weren't disappointed.
Lovely surroundings, sea views and chandeliers , what more could a girl want ?:)
The staff were friendly and willing to help in any way they could, for example we were late ordering breakfast in our room, they were totally accomerdating and nothing was too much trouble.

They weren't too many guests staying around the bar for evening drinks as they were under the impression at it was too dear, we found it reasonable, however, someone playing the beautiful grand in corner would have added to a great evening.

Would love to return soon, Christmas parties there look great and the menus look tasty.

Room Tip: Sea views are worth the extra :)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write our hotel such a great review. We appreciate all feedback and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I know that the team will be extremely motivated by your praise. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future. Kind regards, Peter

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Ives
Boskerris Hotel
Boskerris Hotel
#1 of 4 in Carbis Bay
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay

Been to St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!