St Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa by far, sits in one of the best locations in St Ives, and also offers exceptional customer service, luxury accommodation and a gourmet restaurant for the traveler who is used to a certain 'level of comfort'.
We stayed at the hotel last weekend for my birthday, and although the weather was a little unpredictable, we were more than happy spending majority of our time at the hotel, enjoying the day spa, our luxury room and the gourmet restaurant with outstanding 180 degree views over St Ives.
We stayed in an ocean view room, and were extremely happy with the fittings and fixtures of the room. Our hotel room was a dream for all women who dread having to wash their hair at hotels due to the poor hair dryers or conditioner who leaves your hair in a tangle...this hotel offers superior toiletries and facilities to ensure a level of comfort is achieved.
I also tried out the day spa, I had a 30 minute express facial and 30 minute massage...although quite short treatments, the quality of the treatments were exceptional (...and trust me, I have had a few in my time!). The ambiance of the day spa is definitely worth mentioning as well...it definitely is up there with one of the top day spa's in the UK...(...and trust me, I have been to a few in London). My partner went to the sauna and swimming pool whilst I had my treatments, and even he was impressed.
The restaurant is by far the best located in St Ives if you like 180 degree views across the ocean and also a quite, romantic and warm ambiance...it is also quite spectacular to watch the rain clouds come through over the ocean, from your table. The meals are exquisite and offer extremely good value for money, especially for those who are used to dining out in London's best. We were originally going to dine there for Saturday night dinner only, however returned the next day for breakfast and lunch due to the location, meal quality and atmosphere.
What makes this hotel so exceptional is the detail in their fixtures & fittings (from the toiletries, hair dryers, fluffy towels, lighting) and the high level of their customer service. I was most surprised when a birthday dessert with a candle was presented to me by the staff at my birthday lunch, this was then topped off when I went back to my room and awaiting for me on the table was a card, hand written by the manager wishing me a happy birthday, accompanied by a quality bottle of red wine. It is the attention to detail which makes this hotel special, the memories we had were unforgettable and after touring around neighboring towns and St Ives itself...you will not be disappointed by this hotel.
Other items to note:
- if you have dietary requirements, such as gluten intolerance (like myself), this hotel fully accommodates these needs.
- if you like a porter carrying your bags and a valet parking your car....you can expect this too
- if you like to be able to order room service, you can do this at any time, you can order off the menu or like the receptionist told me 'please feel free to request anything and I am sure we can accommodate it'
- if you want a location where you can keep your car in the garage and everything is within walking distance...this is your place
- if you want a restaurant that offers exceptional views and a gourmet menu...you will not be disappointed.
- if you want a romantic break or a relaxing vacation...this is your place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa is perfectly positioned directly above Porthminster beach boasting stunning views across the water. Watch as the waves lap against the famous Godrevy Lighthouse in the distance and feel your troubles disappear. Explore the local harbour, as you meander through the cobbled streets, and then return for dinner at the Terrace Restaurant, serving up seasonal and local food, along with stunning sea views. The Harbour Spa provides the perfect hideaway, as you indulge in a soothing treatment and then unwind by the pool, gazing out to sea from the comfort of a lounger! Enjoy an indulgent afternoon tea, cocktail or light lunch on the alfresco dining terrace and soak up the sea air and sensational views. The 46 bedrooms offer complete comfort and some of the Superior Bedrooms have balconies - a perfect place to relax over a morning coffee with the papers or afternoon tea watching the boats sail by... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porthminster Hotel St Ives
- Porthminster St Ives
- St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa St Ives, Cornwall