We booked 2 nights in a sea view room and were very pleasantly surprised to be told on arrival that we'd been upgraded to a suite - and what a fantastic suite it was! Huge, beautifully decorated bedroom with a wonderfully comfortable bed, excellent pillows and good quality bed linen. The sitting room was equally large and was stylishly and comfortably furnished. The bathroom was large with quality fittings and lovely fluffy towels. Our balcony looked out over Porthminster beach and the March weather was good enough for us to be able to sit out and enjoy the view. I would agree with a previous reviewer that the bathroom lighting and dressing table mirror could be more practical and I was surprised that this was the only hotel we stayed in on our Cornwall tour that didn't supply bathrobes.
Facilities at the hotel are very good, with an indoor pool, hot tub, steam room, sauna, small gym and spa - although the pool is not really big enough for 'proper'' swimmers.
The food offer at the hotel is reasonably priced and very good value for money. The staff are attentive and friendly. The hotel is well positioned for guests to be able to take advantage of the large number of restaurants in St Ives, including the Porthminster Beach Cafe where we had a great lunch.
All in all, this hotel was fantastic for a Cornish seaside holiday and I would thoroughly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa is perfectly positioned directly above Porthminster beach boasting stunning views across the water. Watch as the waves lap against the famous Godrevy Lighthouse in the distance and feel your troubles disappear. Explore the local harbour, as you meander through the cobbled streets, and then return for dinner at the Terrace Restaurant, serving up seasonal and local food, along with stunning sea views. The Harbour Spa provides the perfect hideaway, as you indulge in a soothing treatment and then unwind by the pool, gazing out to sea from the comfort of a lounger! Enjoy an indulgent afternoon tea, cocktail or light lunch on the alfresco dining terrace and soak up the sea air and sensational views. The 46 bedrooms offer complete comfort and some of the Superior Bedrooms have balconies - a perfect place to relax over a morning coffee with the papers or afternoon tea watching the boats sail by... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotel.de, LateRooms, HRS, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porthminster Hotel St Ives
- Porthminster St Ives
- St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa St Ives, Cornwall