“Excellent”

Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in St Ives
Bracknell, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Cannot fault this hotel. Porter parked car and carried luggage . We had a superior sea view room and it was fantastically luxurious ( no
bath robes though?) . The food was superb. We did a bed breakfast and dinner. The £25 menu
For dinner was excellent and different each night. Breakfast -smoked haddock and poached egg was to die for. Staff were really lovely.
Also made good use of spa -not busy and had pool to ourselves. Even though there was a wedding one day it didn't affect us or quality of service.
Easy walk into St Ives and one day we caught the train to Penzance -great little journey. Very very comfortable and relaxing

Room Tip: Got to be a sea view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for writing such a positive 5 star review about your visit to the Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay here and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future. All the very best, Peter.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
West Midlands
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for 5 nights at the end of March. We were swiftly through check in on arrival and the porters parked our car and carried our luggage to the room, which was a nice touch. Our room was a non sea view, as booked and was very pleasant. The decor is fantastic and the hotel has been renovated to a very high standard. The lounge and restaurant have wonderful views over Porthminster beach. We whiled away two days just sitting in the lounge, reading and taking in the view! Breakfast is excellent with a good range of continental options and 5 hot options to choose from. We dined in the restaurant for 2 nights of our stay and again the food was excellent. The staff are incredible, working the bar and restaurant with the same staff on shift morning, noon and night yet service is always with a smile! We used the spa twice during our stay, which was excellent and a great way to spend a rainy day. The hotel is a short walk down to St Ives harbour so a perfect location. We had a wonderful stay and would highly recommend it!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you very much for your 5 star review. I am delighted that you enjoyed the Hotel and all its facilities. Receiving such a positive review is great for team morale and your note about the staff working so hard and being so friendly really does make a difference. I hope you will return to the Hotel again in the not too distant future. All the very best.
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Can't find much to fault really, our room number 103 was very comfortable large bed luxurious linen with a sea view, we had to ask the bar to turn the music down on more than one occasion ! Breakfast was very, very good also. Great spa facility's, if you want to push the boat out I can recommend the full body massage, all in all a great short break, wonderfully staff too. I will defiantly return !!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Englishdrink
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I am delighted you had a lovely time at the Hotel. It is always great to receive such positive feedback. I hope you will be back to the Hotel again soon. Kind regards Peter
Brixham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I can not speak more highly of this fantastic hotel that made 3 nights away with my husband a really special trip.

From our arrival every staff member was fantastic - attentive, thoughtful, cheerful and professional; nothing was too much trouble, including a surprise upgrade to a sea view room with a balcony that blew us away it was so lovely and such a kind gesture.

The March madness deal that we booked was excellent value for money, including beautiful evening meals and a great breakfast.

We enjoyed relaxing in the lounge bar on the comfy sofas for a game of chess after dinner on a couple of nights and the whole ambiance of the hotel whilst busy, was also relaxing. The spa was lovely and the treatment I had, once again was very good. Location wise the hotel is a very pleasant 15mins walk into St Ives which also makes it a great spot to stay for other amenities.

I can not speak more highly of the staff that work here and they clearly take a great pride in providing an excellent stay for their guests. I can only imagine lots has changed since all the negatives comments were made pre - Jan 2014 as we couldn't fault it and I'm so pleased that it seems that everyone that has commented since Jan thinks the same, it is great to see somewhere so perfect doing so well. Thank you so much to all concerned. My husband and I will definitely be returning to visit you again, you gave us just the break that we needed!

Caroline and Stephen Avis

Room Tip: I can't quite remember the number of our room, it may have been 116 but basically it had incredi...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for posting such a wonderful 5 star review. I am delighted that you had such a great stay here at the hotel. The staff regularly read the reviews on trip advisor and will be extremely pleased and motivated by your kind comments. I really hope to see you at the Hotel again very soon. Kind regards Peter
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We booked 2 nights in a sea view room and were very pleasantly surprised to be told on arrival that we'd been upgraded to a suite - and what a fantastic suite it was! Huge, beautifully decorated bedroom with a wonderfully comfortable bed, excellent pillows and good quality bed linen. The sitting room was equally large and was stylishly and comfortably furnished. The bathroom was large with quality fittings and lovely fluffy towels. Our balcony looked out over Porthminster beach and the March weather was good enough for us to be able to sit out and enjoy the view. I would agree with a previous reviewer that the bathroom lighting and dressing table mirror could be more practical and I was surprised that this was the only hotel we stayed in on our Cornwall tour that didn't supply bathrobes.
Facilities at the hotel are very good, with an indoor pool, hot tub, steam room, sauna, small gym and spa - although the pool is not really big enough for 'proper'' swimmers.
The food offer at the hotel is reasonably priced and very good value for money. The staff are attentive and friendly. The hotel is well positioned for guests to be able to take advantage of the large number of restaurants in St Ives, including the Porthminster Beach Cafe where we had a great lunch.
All in all, this hotel was fantastic for a Cornish seaside holiday and I would thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to write such a full and complimentary review. I am delighted you enjoyed the bedroom you were allocated and that you made full use of all the Hotel's facilities and found them to be excellent. The staff do really appreciated such great feedback. I hope it won't be too long before you return. Kind regards Peter
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I stayed here for just one night in October 2013, and wish I could have stayed longer!
On Sunday nights the hotel run an offer where for £100 you can get a 3 course meal, full English breakfast, overnight stay and full use of the spa facilities (with 30 min treatment). I am not sure if they are still running this but it was well worth it!!

The hotel itself is stunning, our room was huge and beautifully decorated. We had a sea view which was yet another bonus. The food in the restaurant is very high quality, both for dinner and breakfast. The spa was really relaxing with a direct view of the beach, and has a great range of treatments. Facilities are in excellent condition. The hotel overlooks the beach which looks incredible on a sunny day. It is just a 15 minute stroll into town as well.

I very rarely go back to the same hotel twice, but this is somewhere I am longing to go back to one day!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Many thanks for such a great 5 star review. I am delighted you enjoyed the Hotel and all its facilities. As you mention in your review I do hope you will return again to the Hotel soon. Kind regards Peter
Evesham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights, wish it was longer! Such a lovely hotel with beautiful rooms! We stayed in 109, gorgeous view of the sea and beach. Short walk into the harbour where there is lots to see and do. We made use of the excellent spa, lovely pool and treatments! Would definitely recommend!!

1 Thank LacebyClark
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Many thanks for your recent review. It is very encouraging for all the staff to read such positive comments as it certainly is great for team morale. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel and sincerely hope it will not be too long before you return. Kind regards Peter
Also consider these accommodations in or near St Ives
Pedn Olva Hotel
#4 of 21 in St Ives
Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay

Been to St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!