St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa
  • Pool
US$186
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
The Gannet Inn(Carbis Bay)
US$282
Cottage Hotel(Carbis Bay)
US$115
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,621 results
All reviewssea viewcar parkwedding venuevisited this hoteloverlooking the beachbuilding workpublic areasout of seasonamazing viewsshort breaklovely roomnight breakjacuzzirebeccaharbourstives
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We first stayed at the St Ives Harbour Hotel, or the Porthminster as it was, in about 2010. Ok, it was a bit run down and needed the refurb which was underway at the time, but at least the staff were friendly and attentive (especially in the restaurant). Unfortunately the change to the current Harbour Hotel group ownership, which had probably happened prior to our last visit, has done nothing for this near land-mark hotel. Although the staff were friendly the service in the restaurant at breakfast was very poor - we were forgotten on two mornings and the service was at best pedestrian on the remaining three.
Attendance at the bar was also at best occasional.
Our room (307) had a warn feel about it with a dirty blind, broken light fittings and failed bulb. At least the maid service was very good and the room was cleaned to a high standard each day.
There was only one person on reception when we booked out who was quite happy to leave half a dozen people waiting to check out to deal with a recently arrived guest. I asked if anyone else was available to deal with the queue - which there wasn't. When I mentioned that I thought leaving the front of house unattended was unacceptable, it was suggested that I 'contact head office' which I may well do.
Unfortunately, this hotel, even with a substantial cash imvestment, is quickly becoming a shadow of its former self.
I would advise anyone to go to St Ives but I'd hesitate to advise anyone to stay at the Harbour Hotel in its current form.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Bob1109
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all feedback and are constantly evaluating, learning and improving as a result. I sincerely apologise for any poor service that you received across your stay, this is not our usual level of practise - we work very closely with our staff to ensure high standards and I can assure you that we will be assessing all of the points raised in your review. We would encourage you to return to the hotel in the future and look forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards, Peter.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Room 112 also became known as "The Hurt Locker" during our stay! As another reviewer has said about another room - do not accept this room, just asked to be moved immediately. We made an inpromptu visit to St Ives because the weather was so good, ironically the sunshine that attracted us also became a source of huge discomfort as the windows on our room would only open a crack. It was like sleeping in a sauna and we could not be moved until our last night. The hotel room was very uncomfortable to stay in and we spent no longer than absolutely necessary in the room which cost £165 per night - I would expect more! The bathroom was like a broom cupboard, there were suspect stains on walls and the chairs and the toiletries and towels were not replenished. The TV didn't work and could only be watched from a stained chair anyway (it was no where near the bed) so we gave that a miss! The room was large but this was its only saving grace. The breakfast was also good with amazing views of the bay. When we complained about our room we received no apology but got a measly £15 off our bill which hardly compensated for sleepless nights. I got the impression the receptionist knew all about the many problems with our room and when she went through the options to move us there were several free but she concluded we might as well stay where we were as none of them were any better! Give this place a miss - we have been twice and I have no idea why we bothered with a 2nd chance.

Room Tip: Ask to be moved immediately if you are not happy
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RKMS151
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry that during the exceptional hot weather that the room allocated was too hot. We have various room types of different tariff standards, shapes and sizes due to the age and lay out of the building.I have noted all comments from your review and will be investigating them with the team. Kind regards Peter

Reviewed 27 June 2014

A nicely furbished hotel in a great location. Fabulous views and a lovely spa let down by many factors. We had a room with a nice view but it was very pricey at £250per night, nothing was replaced after the first night. The service in the restaurant was surly at best and some of the staff looked completely dis-interested. This did improve the following night but the presentation and delivery of the food remained poor. Luckily we had a nice stay and the rest of St Ives made up for this Hotel. The football was disappointing as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rugbymikey

Thank you for your recent review. I am glad that you had a nice stay here in St Ives. I have noted your comments and will be discussing them with the relevant departments as all feedback both positive and negative is required to grow a business. Kind regards Peter

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The sea view rooms from this hotel high above the beach at St Ives offer a truly magnificent panorama of the bay. When booking, definitely book sea view as the road is close on the other side of the hotel. Breakfast is good, dinner so-so and we found much better food in the middle of the town.

Most of the rooms are extremely nicely decorated as are all the public spaces in the hotel.

Would definitely recommend this hotel in a town where quality accommodation doesn't appear to be plentiful.

Room Tip: Ask which room you are being allocated and check the size of the bed in that room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank EuropeanTraveller00
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us a lovely review on trip advisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay here at the hotel, the views truly are wonderful as we are situated in the perfect location. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon. All the best, Peter.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We were for 3 nights at the Harbour Hotel and absolutely enjoyed our stay.
The first night we had a room on the ground floor to the street which we changed for the other two nights. The room changing was very easy and the no problem at all. The "new" rom was just brilliant with view to the sea side.
The staff was very friendly and helpful and it also was no problem to get breakfast before the regular time as we had to leave early for a day trip!
I can just recommend this hotel as we really loved it to stay there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mela40629
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thanks for writing such a great 5 star review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with at the Hotel. The views from the sea facing bedrooms are stunning I am glad you agree. The staff will be please to read your compliments about them, it is always good for team morale. I sincerely hope you will return to the Hotel again soon. Kind regards Peter.