“Beautiful location great stay”

St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in St Ives
south england
“Beautiful location great stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Me and my partner visited on Thursday for one night and really loved our stay. It was relaxing and had a seaview room which was really nice.

The food in the restuaraunt was very good although not much choice. Breakfast was also good with a wide selection. Staff in restaurant were very helpful.

Only minor issues was that we could only get one channel on the TV. Shower wasn't very powerful and dripped after use and window a bit difficult to use but other than that room and bathroom was comfortable and very nicely decorated.

Spa was very nice and relaxing with juccuzzi sauna, steam room and pool.

On checkout we weren't asked how our stay was but receptionist and porter were polite and helpful.

Overall had a lovely relaxing stay and would definitely like to come back.

• Stayed July 2014
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thank you taking the time to post such a positive review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that you made full use of the Restaurant and Spa. Reviews such as yours make a very positive impact on staff morale as they are regularly reading the reviews. Hope to see you in St.Ives again soon. Kind regards Peter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Have just returned from our 4th stay at this hotel and it never fails to impress, Breakfast is always good and even when I didn't want it exactly as the menu it was no problem for the staff to accommodate.
Nothing beats having a massage and then using the pool before having a drink on the terrace especially if the sun is shining.
We didn't eat in the restaurant this time but we have before and the meal was top notch.
Cannot recommend this place enough.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for posting a great 5 star reply on trip advisor. I am really pleased you have enjoyed your stay here with us and also your treatment in our spa. I will pass on your kind comments to the staff. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again for your fifth stay. All the best, Peter.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I booked in a last minute weekend break at the Harbour Hotel expecting a luxury spa hotel. This is not the case!!
Where to start? Almost immediately it struck me how scruffy the hotel is, the carpets were stained and dirty, there were marks all over the walls and a horrible smell to the reception (to be fair they did spray some air freshener by the next day to attempt to resolve). The check in was breif, " Your room is on the first floor" that was it!! from a rather unapproachable lady at the desk. The room itself was tiny!! there was literally room to walk around the bed and that was it, no bath, a broken TV etc - I know this has been covered by others but the rooms are just so basic and small.

The food is an even worse experience, we waited for 15 minutes for someone to ask us what we wanted for breakfast, I eventually asked a gentleman if we could order, he didnt even respond but did come over, after another 15 minutes a lady said "Oh you still havent got your breakfast" and proceeded to chase it for us, she brought out one of the worst and small breakfasts I have ever had, I ordered egg on toast, with no toast? they brought the toast but it was with the coffee 20 minutes earlier which I had earlier said I didnt want and wanted the toast together with the egg? Very strange experience.

Finally, despite being a place of relaxation there was a wedding on until midnight, listening to blasting music did not really make me feel too relaxed.

Any positives? The bed was really comfy!

The location is perfect and the weather was beautiful, both made our trip a great one anyway however the hotel cannot take any credit for that.

Like many others of said, they dont acknowledge the complaints anyway but when asked on check out how my stay was I laughed and said " It was okay-ish" they just awkwardly laughed back and didnt want to ask me anything further.

I would not mind these issues too much if the hotel was cheap but it is very expensive, we had a much better night in a local B&B the previous evening which was half the price!

Go to St Ives but stay clear of this place!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LaurenS690
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for your recent review. I am extremely disappointed that you were not happy with the room you were allocated. All rooms vary in shapes, sizes and views inline with the tariff. We pride ourselves in providing an excellent breakfast and I am saddened that you didn't enjoy yours. It is very frustrating reading such a review as yours being that had you ask to speak to either a duty manager of myself early in your stay ALL of your niggles could have been resolved along with the room you were allocated. We have no chance now to resolve any of your problems which really is a shame. Kind regards Peter.
Penzance, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Myself and 6 friends and family had a spa day on Saturday. It was a lovely day, perfect views (although we already live in Penzance) and very good weather. We had an excellent lunch in the Terrace Restaurant and were very well served by Khris and Jo who couldn't do enough for us. Well done to them! After lunch we all had massages which were great and we felt really relaxed for the rest of the day and the next! We all said that we would do it again very soon. Well done!

Room Tip: Didn't stay overnight
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us a wonderful 5 star review on trip advisor. I am delighted you all enjoyed your day here at the hotel and I will pass on your kind comments to the team. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon, all the best, Peter.
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from our wedding (Wednesday 2nd July) and stay at this beautiful hotel and I have to say that we never anticipated such a wonderful and charming time - it has truly been the best time of our lives. We honestly could not have wished for a more stunning and perfect wedding day.

The wedding team are truly a credit to both the hotel and the wedding industry; nothing was ever too much trouble and they are absolutely fantastic at their job. We had the opportunity to meet with both Rebecca and Sydney but unfortunately didn't manage to catch Bonita but sent our regards and heartfelt thanks for everything they did for us - they are all wonderful.

The wedding day itself went very smoothly and all of our guests commented on the fantastic food and service we all received. I can't remember the name of the lady who was in charge of our catering that day - I did manage to thank her in person before we left the hotel and she insisted that it was all down to team work. What a lovely thing to say and acknowledge her colleagues in that way. I would also like to add that the BBQ on the terrace that we had on the evening was absolutely outstanding; the buffet table was just overflowing with food and gorgeous salads, the lady who cooked it was very friendly and the food was the best we had ever tasted from a BBQ so we highly recommend this as a wedding evening option! We were very lucky to have such beautiful weather on the day which will look absolutely fantastic on the photos.

The bridal suite was spectacular, the renovation has a huge thumbs up from us. If only we could wake up to a view on the balcony like that every day! The porters were very helpful - they moved all of our things when we moved from the bridal suite to another room and were always offering to help. The reception staff were also very lovely, asking us how the day went and just seemed genuinely caring and respectful in their jobs. If I'm honest, I was reluctant to leave. Beautiful spa too which we both had treatments at, staff are very friendly.

All in all, we are just overwhelmed with how wonderful our stay was, it has truly left a stamp on our hearts forever. It is a shame to read that some people haven't had quite as good experience as we did, but I do know all of our wedding guests that stayed at the hotel couldn't fault it. I just feel that there aren't enough words to describe how spectacular our big day was - I am certain we will return for many anniversaries to come.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for writing us a fantastic 5 star review on trip advisor. I am so pleased you and all your guests had a wonderful time at the hotel for your wedding and we lived up to all your expectations. Our staff regularly read the reviews on this site and will be delighted by your lovely comments. I wish you all the best for the future, and I sincerely hope you do come back and celebrate many anniversaries here with us. All the best, Peter.
Ilminster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I took my mother & sister in law for a spa day to celebrate my mother in laws birthday & it was perfect! Location & views superb, though car parking was a pain! We each received a 30 minutes back massage which was very relaxing, although staff weren't as overally friendly as I have experienced before. The spa facilities were brilliant & we opted for lunch in our robes in a lovely restuarant over looking the sea. Lunch was included in the price of £59 pp & consisted of 2 courses. It was certainly filling & a brilliant choice available. I will be booking again!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank edmondsonjenny
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for taking your time to write us a fantastic 5 star review on trip advisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your overall spa day package, I will pass on your comments to the spa team. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the not too distant future. Kind regards, Peter.
Northants
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

My friend and I had the Top to Toe package. It was fabulous. Well worth the money. I'd definitely go again when in the area. Nice spa facilities, professional and friendly staff, Jessica pedicure where you take the nail polish away with you, massage heaven and the best facial I've ever had.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review. I am delighted you enjoyed your spa day here with us, and I will pass on your kind compliments to the team. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon. All the best, Peter.