St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa
US$132
US$119
US$288
  • Breakfast included
The Gannet Inn(Carbis Bay)
US$281
Boskerris Hotel(Carbis Bay)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,628 results
All reviewssea viewcar parkwedding venuevisited this hoteloverlooking the beachbuilding workpublic areasout of seasonamazing viewsshort breaklovely roomnight breakjacuzzirebeccaharbourstives
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Well we wanted a luxury break and we really got one. A lovely porter parked our car and delivered our cases to our room. Check in was busy but lovely friendly people. The room was just perfect and the view, just stunning ( the sun and clear blue sky may have helped ). Afternoon tea, delightful. Followed by a lover dinner in the restaurant. Dessert was to die for. Such a comfortable bed a perfect nights sleep.
Breakfast was great no problem when we asked for crispy bacon. Lovely coffee hot toast and fresh melon, could not have asked for more.
The spa, a little bit of heaven. Fluffy robes great staff lunch included, yes we ate a lot! But you just have too eat on the terrace, great food and the view.
Cannot recommend this hotel enough. The staff were just wonderful the food glorious, our room was just perfect.
We will be back. There was a wedding while we stayed, it has got to be the best place ever to get married. It was like a fairy tail.
Thaksin to every one who made our stay 5* even though they here clearly exceptionally busy.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Pzlass
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Wow indeed! What a fabulous review - many thanks. I am delighted that you embraced the whole St Ives Harbour Hotel experience. Hurry back soon. All the best Peter

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Me and my partner visited on Thursday for one night and really loved our stay. It was relaxing and had a seaview room which was really nice.

The food in the restuaraunt was very good although not much choice. Breakfast was also good with a wide selection. Staff in restaurant were very helpful.

Only minor issues was that we could only get one channel on the TV. Shower wasn't very powerful and dripped after use and window a bit difficult to use but other than that room and bathroom was comfortable and very nicely decorated.

Spa was very nice and relaxing with juccuzzi sauna, steam room and pool.

On checkout we weren't asked how our stay was but receptionist and porter were polite and helpful.

Overall had a lovely relaxing stay and would definitely like to come back.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you taking the time to post such a positive review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that you made full use of the Restaurant and Spa. Reviews such as yours make a very positive impact on staff morale as they are regularly reading the reviews. Hope to see you in St.Ives again soon. Kind regards Peter

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Have just returned from our 4th stay at this hotel and it never fails to impress, Breakfast is always good and even when I didn't want it exactly as the menu it was no problem for the staff to accommodate.
Nothing beats having a massage and then using the pool before having a drink on the terrace especially if the sun is shining.
We didn't eat in the restaurant this time but we have before and the meal was top notch.
Cannot recommend this place enough.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for posting a great 5 star reply on trip advisor. I am really pleased you have enjoyed your stay here with us and also your treatment in our spa. I will pass on your kind comments to the staff. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again for your fifth stay. All the best, Peter.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I booked in a last minute weekend break at the Harbour Hotel expecting a luxury spa hotel. This is not the case!!
Where to start? Almost immediately it struck me how scruffy the hotel is, the carpets were stained and dirty, there were marks all over the walls and a horrible smell to the reception (to be fair they did spray some air freshener by the next day to attempt to resolve). The check in was breif, " Your room is on the first floor" that was it!! from a rather unapproachable lady at the desk. The room itself was tiny!! there was literally room to walk around the bed and that was it, no bath, a broken TV etc - I know this has been covered by others but the rooms are just so basic and small.

The food is an even worse experience, we waited for 15 minutes for someone to ask us what we wanted for breakfast, I eventually asked a gentleman if we could order, he didnt even respond but did come over, after another 15 minutes a lady said "Oh you still havent got your breakfast" and proceeded to chase it for us, she brought out one of the worst and small breakfasts I have ever had, I ordered egg on toast, with no toast? they brought the toast but it was with the coffee 20 minutes earlier which I had earlier said I didnt want and wanted the toast together with the egg? Very strange experience.

Finally, despite being a place of relaxation there was a wedding on until midnight, listening to blasting music did not really make me feel too relaxed.

Any positives? The bed was really comfy!

The location is perfect and the weather was beautiful, both made our trip a great one anyway however the hotel cannot take any credit for that.

Like many others of said, they dont acknowledge the complaints anyway but when asked on check out how my stay was I laughed and said " It was okay-ish" they just awkwardly laughed back and didnt want to ask me anything further.

I would not mind these issues too much if the hotel was cheap but it is very expensive, we had a much better night in a local B&B the previous evening which was half the price!

Go to St Ives but stay clear of this place!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LaurenS690
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for your recent review. I am extremely disappointed that you were not happy with the room you were allocated. All rooms vary in shapes, sizes and views inline with the tariff. We pride ourselves in providing an excellent breakfast and I am saddened that you didn't enjoy yours. It is very frustrating reading such a review as yours being that had you ask to speak to either a duty manager of myself early in your stay ALL of your niggles could have been resolved along with the room you were allocated. We have no chance now to resolve any of your problems which really is a shame. Kind regards Peter.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Myself and 6 friends and family had a spa day on Saturday. It was a lovely day, perfect views (although we already live in Penzance) and very good weather. We had an excellent lunch in the Terrace Restaurant and were very well served by Khris and Jo who couldn't do enough for us. Well done to them! After lunch we all had massages which were great and we felt really relaxed for the rest of the day and the next! We all said that we would do it again very soon. Well done!

Room Tip: Didn't stay overnight
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us a wonderful 5 star review on trip advisor. I am delighted you all enjoyed your day here at the hotel and I will pass on your kind comments to the team. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon, all the best, Peter.