We 4 friends travelled to Cornwall from Hertfordshire, and arrived in heavy drizzle after 6 hours travelling. Very friendly efficient wecome from reception staff, who were happy to show us 4 alternative rooms when I wasn't completely happy with our given one,(gorgeous view of the beach below slightly obscured by next doors bay wall). Very happy with chosen room, and v. useful to have children's room adjoining for bags, extra boots etc.
Fabulous view of beach and harbour, and is it a coincidence the rooms are decorated in complementary colours?..pale turquoise and cream wallpaper matching the sea and sand outside. Excellent en-suite.
Delicious food from their new chef, particularly loved the divine soups, often disappointing in restaurants and hotels, and the service was friendly and personal throughout the hotel.
The building could do with some money spent on it as it is a bit shabby outside, but what a location!
I would love to take my grandchildren there, the under 5s go free!, and we could take advantage of the indoor pool which looked lovely.
Looking forward to returning some time in the future.
Thanks to all the staff, who are obviously really nice people who have been trained well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa is perfectly positioned directly above Porthminster beach boasting stunning views across the water. Watch as the waves lap against the famous Godrevy Lighthouse in the distance and feel your troubles disappear. Explore the local harbour, as you meander through the cobbled streets, and then return for dinner at the Terrace Restaurant, serving up seasonal and local food, along with stunning sea views. The Harbour Spa provides the perfect hideaway, as you indulge in a soothing treatment and then unwind by the pool, gazing out to sea from the comfort of a lounger! Enjoy an indulgent afternoon tea, cocktail or light lunch on the alfresco dining terrace and soak up the sea air and sensational views. The 46 bedrooms offer complete comfort and some of the Superior Bedrooms have balconies - a perfect place to relax over a morning coffee with the papers or afternoon tea watching the boats sail by... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, LateRooms, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porthminster Hotel St Ives
- Porthminster St Ives
- St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa St Ives, Cornwall