I stayed in mid November while researching St Ives early colony artists/ family and the main reason for choosing the hotel was that my grandparents had their wedding reception here in 1911.
Can't fault anything, and I agree with all the previous positive posts.
I had an excellent sea view room, (see pic if it uploads ok) very clean with nice finishing touches . Very comfy bed. Housekeeping staff friendly.
Service in the restaurant was excellent (some new staff being trained, so bread flying around the room, but who really cares)and a special mention definately to Lucy, who is knowledgeable and very attentive. The menu didn't change the nights I was there but there was plenty of choice and the portions were huge. Breakfast similarly a relaxed occasion and good choice to be had, half buffet half table service.
Large public areas and free wi-fi access in the lounge and some parts of the bar.
Location excellent, the walk up the hill working up the appetite for dinner and working off the delicious pasties had in town. Car park opposite very useful too.
Definately a good value for money hotel and though still a three star it has four star attributes. I will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa is perfectly positioned directly above Porthminster beach boasting stunning views across the water. Watch as the waves lap against the famous Godrevy Lighthouse in the distance and feel your troubles disappear. Explore the local harbour, as you meander through the cobbled streets, and then return for dinner at the Terrace Restaurant, serving up seasonal and local food, along with stunning sea views. The Harbour Spa provides the perfect hideaway, as you indulge in a soothing treatment and then unwind by the pool, gazing out to sea from the comfort of a lounger! Enjoy an indulgent afternoon tea, cocktail or light lunch on the alfresco dining terrace and soak up the sea air and sensational views. The 46 bedrooms offer complete comfort and some of the Superior Bedrooms have balconies - a perfect place to relax over a morning coffee with the papers or afternoon tea watching the boats sail by... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotel.de, Odigeo and Superbreak UK so you can book your St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porthminster Hotel St Ives
- Porthminster St Ives
- St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa St Ives, Cornwall