St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa
Agoda.com
Downsfield(Carbis Bay)
TripAdvisor
1,658 results
All reviewssea viewcar parkwedding venuevisited this hoteloverlooking the beachbuilding workpublic areasout of seasonamazing viewsfish and chipsshort breaklovely roomnight breakjacuzzirebeccaharbourst
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

We were given a double room which was no larger than a shoebox.
Nowhere to put anything could not sit except on the bed as there was no room for a chair.

At first the tv wouldn't work so I tried to call reception but the phone was also out of order so I had to go to reception and let them know.

They sent a nice man to look at the problem - he got the tv working and while he was checking out the phone he pulled the bed out and the bed head collapsed. He finally fixed the bed head but could not fix the phone. Said he needed a technical person to fix it.
He apologized and offered to reduce the bill for the room by £60-. I reluctantly accepted.

The bathroom was tiny it was no more that 800 mm wide - what an absolute joke.

There was no air conditioner so we had to keep the window open - the street noise was unbearable as it didn't stop all night. Got hardly any sleep.

All in all I felt that they should have paid me for the experience and not me to them.

I would never recommend this hotel to anyone and feel that sleeping in your car would be more comfortable.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Ernesto S
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry to read that you didn't enjoy your stay with us, and wasn't happy with your room. We are currently going through a refurbishment plan to bring all our bedrooms back up to our expected Harbour Hotel standard. I am pleased we were able to offer you money off your bill. I sincerely hope that once our refurbishment has been completed, you will wish to return. Have a lovely day, all the best, Peter.

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

For our first ever visit to Cornwall and St Ives, we excitedly Arrived on Weds 14th June with my Mum to be taken through a filthy dirty foyer with ancient stained carpets and a rickety lift (which staff described it as vintage!!) to a room on an entire floor that was a working building site with plasterboard, equipment and a team of men working outside the room and in the corridors.

I've just finished renovating a place myself and booked here to get away from building work!

The white woodwork frames and doors are covered in dirty finger prints everywhere you look in the whole hotel. The manager and cleaning staff need a good kick up the proverbial. It's the worst I've seen in what is supposed to be a 4* hotel. Not a chance by the way.

We immediately came back down and spoke to reception to say at Nearly £300 a night, it's a disgrace. No one tried to appease us and we walked out asking for a refund, which we got. Thank you.

Luckily we were then fortunate enough to then stay at a beautiful boutique hotel called Trevose Harbour hotel that is just perfection personified and we will return later this year.

However, We will not be returning to this hotel or any within its chain if this is the very poor standard of cleanliness, service and environment provided.

The good bits:
Pleasant reception and valet parking staff
The bed looked comfy but wouldn't know if it was.
I got a full refund - hope I don't have any issues with this by the way.

The reality:
Never a 4* rating - this is a filthy, dirty hotel that leaves a lot to be desired.
Undergoing a huge refurb which is desperately needed but no prior warnings given when booking.
Inattentive staff who were not concerned when we were leaving and did not attempt to try and sort the issues out.
Extortionate room rates for a lack lustre hotel.

Sadly we will not return to the St Ives hotel and I do hope they get to sort their many problems out as St Ives itself is beautiful.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Debbie L
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Debbie I have sent you a message via the TA site in the hope I can talk to you about your review. Thank you Peter.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

I had the most amazing room at the top of the hotel (above the spa) and was overwhelmed as it wasn't expected. The bed was extremely comfortable with lovely soft linen. The bathroom was beautiful and very clean with lovely soft and fluffy white towels. Had everything I needed and took advantage of room service for my evening meals. The food was superb. All staff were very friendly and helpful and it was obvious to see they work incredibly hard to make visitors' stays good ones.

Room Tip: If you don't mind the trek up stairs without a lift, the top rooms are the quietest as far as I can make out.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Thank you Debra for your wonderful 5 star review. I am thrilled to read you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us. It is so pleasing to read that you thought your room was amazing, and that you were overwhelmed by it. I will pass your compliments on to the staff, and we all sincerely look forward to welcoming you back again in the future. All the best, Peter.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

We attended a wedding but did not stay in the hotel. The wedding was exceptional. The location is stunning. The day went very smoothly as the level of service was faultless and the facilities are excellent...the outdoor areas are spacious, delightful and extremely comfortable. The views from the terrace areas are spectacular and the superb beach is below for photo opportunities. The food was outstanding, both the wedding breakfast and the evening buffet were excellent with quality ingredients, expertly cooked and served piping hot. Again, the service was brilliant with the food served quickly and the drinks constantly replenished by the hard working staff. The only disappointment was the breakfast we had at the hotel the morning after the wedding which according to the groom was not of the high standard experienced on previous visits. The choice was not huge so you would expect everything to be very good. Sadly, the buffet items were not replenished ( croissants ) or were not replenished quickly enough ( muselli ) and the full cooked breakfast was a pretty poor show with no choice offered such as two rashers of bacon,etc and not really enough food to properly discern the quality of the ingredients. Surprisingly, they were unable to cook poached eggs. Still the wedding day was magnificent.
I

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank CheshireDes
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Thank you for posting your great review. I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed the wedding that you attended here with us, and found the staff to be extermely hard working, and the service faultless, i will be sure to pass on your kind comments. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the food during the wedding and thought that it was outstanding, however i am disappointed to read about your experience at breakfast, i will be sure to look into this further with my head chef. I sincerely hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future. All th best, Peter.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

Superb location, views amazing .
We had such a lovely amazing room with a sea view .Thank you Peter for making it so special for us.
Did have a bit of a hiccup in the restaurant on the first evening but Josh dealt with this in a professional way.
So nice to go back and give it another try. The hotel is in the middle of being refurbished and I am sure the rooms will be as lovely as the one we stayed in.
We will be back !!!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review, i really appreciate it. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thought your room was amazing. You're very welcome, i am just really pleased you enjoyed yourself. I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back again in the future. All the best, Peter.