Stayed in a 'family room' which was actually 2 large rooms and bathroom with a little internal hallway (within our rooms) -the best layout for a family room I have encountered and think it should be called a family suite really. Main bedroom had a view over the sea and 'kids' room looked out onto road. Very comfortable beds, every mod con you could wish for, little seating area although window a bit high to look at the view when sat down, 2 x flat screen TVs, hairdryer, ironing board & iron, tea & coffee facilities in both rooms, plenty of fluffy towels, all very clean. Rooms had been recently refurbished (I understand all sea facing rooms are now complete and the others are progressing). Car parking system great, block others in the car park, hand over your keys and if needed the porters shuffle the cars to let others out, never had a problem parking. Hearty breakfast with lots of choice (even did hot chocolate for the kids) from cereals and croissants to kippers and full English, kept us going til tea time, with excellent friendly service, restaurant is clean, fresh, tastefully decorated and looks out over the stunning views. Even managed to make use of the half price pre dinner bar! Staff and locals in St Ives & all other nearby locations we visited were the most friendly and helpful people I have come across in a long time. Indoor pool was not finished unfortunately and the weather was not quite hot enough for us to brave the outdoor one. Free wifi internet too.
I cannot recommend this place enough, for couples or families, it is a very good 3* and is better than some 4*s I have stayed in. Don't delay, book it whilst it is still newly refurbished
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa is perfectly positioned directly above Porthminster beach boasting stunning views across the water. Watch as the waves lap against the famous Godrevy Lighthouse in the distance and feel your troubles disappear. Explore the local harbour, as you meander through the cobbled streets, and then return for dinner at the Terrace Restaurant, serving up seasonal and local food, along with stunning sea views. The Harbour Spa provides the perfect hideaway, as you indulge in a soothing treatment and then unwind by the pool, gazing out to sea from the comfort of a lounger! Enjoy an indulgent afternoon tea, cocktail or light lunch on the alfresco dining terrace and soak up the sea air and sensational views. The 46 bedrooms offer complete comfort and some of the Superior Bedrooms have balconies - a perfect place to relax over a morning coffee with the papers or afternoon tea watching the boats sail by... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotelopia, Odigeo, Priceline, Superbreak UK, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porthminster Hotel St Ives
- Porthminster St Ives
- St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa St Ives, Cornwall