My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Porhminster in October. It was perfection down to every last detail. The hotel's renovation looks amazing and our honeymoon suite was fabulous. The Harbour suite where we had our wedding breakfast looks amazing and the views are stunning..we had a really hot and sunny day!!
The food was out of this world. You expect good food when dining in a restaurant but I was taken aback with the quality of the food even though they were serving over 110 people. All my guests commented on how delicious the food was and the menu is very varied for weddings. It is brilliant as you can have a choice of different foods for your guests to choose before the wedding which is a brilliant idea and not many hotels will do this for weddings. It also meant that all the guests could choose a meal that they really liked. Rebecca the wedding event organiser was brilliant and couldn't have been more helpful during the months before the wedding and on the day itself.
The evening reception was brilliant and the resident DJ was awesome! I can not fault this hotel at all and would reccommend it to anyone thinking of going there and especially to those thinking of having their wedding reception there. the only bad point is that the day went too quickly. I will definately be going back to the porthminster for meals as it is probably amongst the best food i have ever had! Thank you so much for making our wedding very special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa is perfectly positioned directly above Porthminster beach boasting stunning views across the water. Watch as the waves lap against the famous Godrevy Lighthouse in the distance and feel your troubles disappear. Explore the local harbour, as you meander through the cobbled streets, and then return for dinner at the Terrace Restaurant, serving up seasonal and local food, along with stunning sea views. The Harbour Spa provides the perfect hideaway, as you indulge in a soothing treatment and then unwind by the pool, gazing out to sea from the comfort of a lounger! Enjoy an indulgent afternoon tea, cocktail or light lunch on the alfresco dining terrace and soak up the sea air and sensational views. The 46 bedrooms offer complete comfort and some of the Superior Bedrooms have balconies - a perfect place to relax over a morning coffee with the papers or afternoon tea watching the boats sail by... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porthminster Hotel St Ives
- Porthminster St Ives
- St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa St Ives, Cornwall