“Great fun, great facilities, great instructors.”

St Ives Surf School
Ranked #1 of 13 Tours in St Ives
More attraction details
Owner description: Ocean based fun in the heart of Cornwall. Surf, SUP, Kayak and Coasteering activities in a fun, safe and friendly environment.
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I had an awesome afternoon learning surf here, it was the most fun I have had for a long time despite not being very good. The instructors were great and gave a lot of encouragement and one to one tuition where required. Their facilities are rite on the beach, all equipment is provided (apart from trunks a towel) and there is a pay and display car park two minutes up the road. I you are in the area and have a few hours free, I would definitely come and give it a go!

All reviews
in 13 reviews
"harris"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 16 April 2013

I had 1 lesson at the surf school. The instructors are professional and really good (especially with kids!)! The surf school isn't the biggest but definitely big enough! We got very good instructions and enjoyed the lesson. In the same week, we just rent boards, what wasn't a problem as well! Definitely worth to check it out! =)

Reviewed 26 December 2012 via mobile

Me and my brother and his friend were staying with my parents in saint ives which I had previously stayed and had noticed the saint ives school and suggested we went. Here are some reasons why you should choose here
1. The surf insturctors and very professional, extremely knowledgeable and they are all life guards for maximum safety
2. The equipment they lend you is always clean, as sand free as possible and in good condition
3. When one of my lessons was cancelled due to not enough surf, they rang to let us know and rang when it had picked up enough for you to surf.
4. The water and the beach around it is very clean
5 changing areas are good and the chalets are clean and tidy

I really could go on but I think you have realised that this really is the best place to go when it comes to surf and I would never go anywhere else

Reviewed 19 October 2012 via mobile

We've had surf lessons in Devon before, but a few lesson here is all you really need! The instructors are fun and extremely professional, unlike some that would rather talk to each other instead of keeping an eye on the students.
There were 3 people to 1 instructor (it was low season) and he managed to spend enough time with each student to make sure we were standing and providing tips and feedback throughout.
Can't wait to go back again!