“Fantastic surfing!!”

St Ives Surf School
Ranked #1 of 11 Tours in St Ives
More attraction details
Owner description: Ocean based fun in the heart of Cornwall. Surf, SUP, Kayak and Coasteering activities in a fun, safe and friendly environment.
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic surfing!!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I had an amazing time with St Ives Surf School!! The instructors were all really friendly and great fun :0) I had 3 2 hour lessons for £75 and was worth every penny and by the end of my third lesson I was surfing the waves!! An amazing experience and will continue with this great sport...will definitely go back to St Ives Surf School when I am next in St Ives.
Thank you to everyone for teaching me to surf!!

Dartmouth, United Kingdom
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Excellent time surfing”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I had 5 consecutive lessons at St Ives Surf School around mid-April, and I would suggest 5 lessons as it is quite worth the money at £20 per lesson overall (breakdown for each 2 hour session is 30, 30, 15, 20, free). Water was cold but the equipment hired was really good. The surf conditions weren't the best and I was still pretty bad at surfing but despite that each lesson the various instructors would put their best to tailor to our level of surfing to help us progress. The instructors were all really experienced, friendly and most importantly enthusiastic about reaching us which made each lesson very fun. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in St Ives thanks to the time I had at Porthmeor beach which is a beautiful beach and excellent location for a surf school. My only issue perhaps is the lack of proper shower facilities which made washing up a bit difficult. But apart from that I really enjoyed myself and I would like to sincerely thank all the instructors for making my time in St Ives enjoyable and memorable.

Shao Hao
Reviewed April 14

London, England, United Kingdom
“Best Fun you can have”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My son and I had a great experience. The lessons were fun and the staff brilliant. The beach is very clean.

“Fantastic surf Lessons”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

The custom service and communication skills were excellent when enquiring about booking a 2hr surf lesson for my son. When explaining that he has Aspergers, the surf school were extremely supportive and listened tentatively to his needs. The lesson itself was extremely good value for money! with the two instructors in the water supporting and engaging with the group. Giving clear individual feedback in order for them to improve their technique! The two instructors were extremely skilled and communicated clearly throughout the lesson! It was so amazing we booked another lesson!

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Day!”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We spent the whole day at this great beach/surf school back in September and it was a truly great experience. After our initial 2hr beginners lesson we were allowed to keep our equipment for an extra hour and practice what we had learned. Beautiful beach, great facilities and excellent staff!! We'll be back!

Visited September 2013