“Totally fabulous!”

St Ives Surf School
Ranked #1 of 13 Tours in St Ives
More attraction details
Owner description: Ocean based fun in the heart of Cornwall. Surf, SUP, Kayak and Coasteering activities in a fun, safe and friendly environment.
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I haven't much more to add than previous reviewers but our 12 & 14 year old had 3 sessions each for £75 all in. The cost covers the kit, tuition and 2 1/2 hours in total. Both were standing on their boards by the end of session 1, the youngest even managing a headstand! I have never met such a fabulous bunch of enthusiastic, friendly and knowledgeable, well versed young men. Each was able to bring all ages up to speed, very safety conscious, yet all for fun where ability allowed. Jack and Jackamo were particular favourites, but we couldn't fault any.

Wonderful!

Also a special mention to Nick who took photos and videos - what a wonderful way to take your memories home with you.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My 3 kids were amongst 17, ranging in age from about 7 to 12, who signed up for a 2 hour lesson. The instructors were brilliant- fun, patient, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic. I couldn't recommend them more highly. The kids loved it too!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I'm in my 30's and don't have kids but I had a great time with the St Ives Surf School.

My sister and I did the 2 hour surf lesson, which was pitched at our level and great fun, and knackering!

We had signed up for the Sea Kayaking but got a call from Harris to say conditions weren't good so had to cancel, which I thought was fair and responsible.

My sister and I did the Coasteering and we loved it! We were well looked after and felt we were in safe hands. It was great clambering over rocks and jumping off ledges.

The staff were friendly, professional and a good laugh.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Great 2 hours of tuition learning to surf....great instructors, really good fun and burns off calories from all the fabulous cakes and food consumed.......

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I had one 2 hour group lesson at £30 at the end of my holiday. Wished I'd signed up earlier for the three lesson deal at £75.
It was a cold day but the waves were moderate and the instruction was excellent. Wet suit and shoes provided within the price.
Basic changing rooms simple shower facilities and could have done with some hot water.
Great value.