“THE BEST FOOD IN (NEAR) ST IVES!!!!”

The Atlantic Bay - Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #88 of 162 Restaurants in St Ives
Price range: US$10 - US$52
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 June 2014

me and my wife stopped here on for a week on our honeymoon and had a fantastic stay! firstly I have to mention the food. it was excellent. Brian the chef cooks everything to order with fresh ingredients. honestly their pizzas are the best I have ever eaten, my wife agrees, and we are pizza conorsures! try the vusuvio, it looks as good as it tastes. also the romano special breakfast was delicious. I would of happily ate this every day. we was there for a week and ventured out around st ives for meals but often found ourselves eating here throughout the week as it was so good.
the atmosphere was great, nice and chilled and not too pretentious. the place is more bar serving food than restaurant so towards the weekend a few of the locals get in for drinks. they were all very friendly, as were the staff who looked after us and made us feel very welcome.
our room was nice with lots of space and was serviced to a high standard everyday.
overall a totally thoroughly enjoyable and excellent stay. my only regret was that I didn't get to sample the meatballs as they came highly recommended by one of the locals.

1  Thank Susan W

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is the third year we have eaten at Casa Romano, despite there being many delightful places to eat in St Ives we usually end up coming twice during our holiday!

The portions are large and the children (7&9) have started to share a children's pizza with a couple of side orders which is excellent value, more than enough but still leaves room for dessert.

I asked the chef if he could substitute the 'Gnocchi with prawn and courgette' for 'Risotto with Prawn and courgette' which was no problem and I can honestly say it was the nicest risotto I have ever tasted. The ribs and the garlic mushroom starters are also delicious.

Lovely atmosphere, really nice staff, the only slight criticism I would make is that the tables have seen better days and could maybe do with a cloth on them.

A great place for families in a great location with ample parking.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed for a few days to getaway with my boyfriend.The room was nice and homely but the bathroom was a little small for us!. however the room was clean and tidy. The food was AMAZING!! did not disappoint with the breakfasts and the evening meals. presented beautifully and the variety was great!! definately will be returning in the future

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Had dinner here with my husband on Saturday night and had a lovely meal. It states on the menu that everything is cooked fresh to order so expected a bit of a wait as the place was very busy. But in the end the atmosphere of the bar and the attentiveness of the staff made the time fly. The meal itself was very tasty with my "blue" steak cooked perfectly and very generous portions of chips onion rings tomatoes and pepper sauce. Would recommend for both a special evening out or just a drink and bar snack as both are equally as good

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Tried to eat here last year but hadn't prebooked so postponed till this years holiday, 5 adults and a 4.5yr old. We got in at 18:15, ordered food (pizza's) by 18:30.
There were only 7 other punters and they were jugs drinking at the bar.
I'm a pretty good cook and am privileged to have eaten in some pretty awesome places too, so when you think it takes 2 mins tops to make a pizza, and In a real pizza oven perhaps no more than 2 minutes cooking time...... Our food took over an hour to arrive!! - that's 5 normal pizzas and a kids small pizza.
My sons pizza came to the table 10 mins after the first adults, his should be first really if you know anything about young children!
Toppings were sparse to say the least so much so we were scraping a cheese-less pizza to see if indeed there were any anchovies on it.......and where was the cheese?....
Otherwise the flavour was ok, service was basic and they did at least offer not to charge for 3 of the pizzas.
Would I go back?, no. Wasted food token, better service and Food at Pizza Express or Zizzi.