“Fabulous performance”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kidz R Us

Kidz R Us
Ranked #9 of 55 things to do in St Ives
More attraction details
Owner description: Kidz R Us is an extraordinary youth theatre group, working with around 100 young people a year, aged seven and up. A not-for-profit arts charity, we aim to encourage the participation of young people in the performing arts and behind-the-scenes crafts, both for their own personal development and the benefit of the wider community. Production standards are high and since being formed in 1994, we have produced over 70 shows and won numerous awards. Kidz R Us was a finalist in the Best Arts Project category of the 2010 National Lottery Awards and is a recipient of the prestigious Queen's Award for Voluntary Service. Our Artistic Director, Phil Barnett, was awarded a British Empire Medal in the Queen's Birthday Honours List 2012, and we are honoured to have Sir Tim Rice as our Patron.
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Fabulous performance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

We went to see Les Miserables with friends, and enjoyed the performance so much we returned on the last evening for the final show. Moved to tears both times. This theatre and its incredibly professional yet young actors deserve to be supported by everyone, visitors and locals alike.

1 Thank mou5e

Worcester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“wonderful wizard of oz”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

this is our 7th visit to a kidz r us production, and we were so pleased to be yet again stunned by how good the productions are. We watched the wizard of oz, and truly the actress playing Dorothy was as good as on the film. The costumes, standard of singing and dancing, scenery, all of it as good as anything I have seen by professional companies. Most of all the children look as if they are loving every moment, this despite it being the end of a long run. Don't miss out if you are visiting st ives.

Visited September 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Superb performance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

I have just returned from seeing Kidz R Us perform Les Miserables and found it to be a truly stunning and moving performance. I thought being on the front row would show up many flaws but I was so engrossed that, if there were any, I missed them! Cosette was the best Cosette I have heard - older singers seem to find the songs problematic but this was a superb rendition of them. Jean Val Jean's 'Bring Him Home' was again the best I have heard and I have seen this show 8 times on the stage and the recent film twice - what a brilliant performance from such a young actor. Marius' singing may not have been perfect but his acting was! The emotion he displayed and generated from the audience during the death of Eponine was heart-rending. Lastly, I would like to 'single' out the terrible Thenardiers - what a magnificent pair these were - funny and deplorable and matching any professionals.
Well done to all concerned - I will certainly be seeing their next offerings when next I am in the area.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Stunning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

We went expecting a kids show and came away feeling we had seen a better show than we had seen in London.
Certainly better than the film.
A brilliant production by some amazing young actors, well done ALL of you, you should be proud of yourselves.
We will definitely be coming to see you again.

1 Thank R2AVL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Top performances!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

If your visiting St Ives this summer you simply must include a visit to this theatre group. I've seen two of their shows so far and both were of an excellent standard.
Honk! Is the musical of the Ulgy Duckling and aimed at younger audiences. I went with a friend who is over 80 and I'm no spring chicken but we had a wonderful time, there are lots of gags in it that sail over the top of the heads of littles one but leave you grinning like a goon! This show is performed by a cast who are either ex 'kidz' or presently volunteering, the talent on stage is amazing! Easily good enough for any West End or Broadway production.
I also saw Les Mis this week. The cast from this show are all 20 years older younger and tell the story so well, and again the standard of singing here makes you forget you are listening to young people. There were moments when tears threatened to fall and then,the whole audience stood at the end. Really an amazing night out!