“stunning hotel, serene and luxurious”
Review of Blue Hayes Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in St Ives
Blue Hayes Hotel
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in St Ives
Belfast, United Kingdom
“stunning hotel, serene and luxurious”
Reviewed 22 August 2011

My husband and I stayed at Blue Hayes for 3 nights during our honeymoon trip to Cornwall - my husband booked it (as a surprise) based on reviews on Trip Advisor.

On arriving, Malcolm and Sue were waiting by the door, expecting us. They greeted us warmly, and showed us around the hotel and onto the terrace, with stunning sea views, where we had a drink before being shown to our room. We stayed in the Trelyon Suite, which had a huge private terrace, with partial sea views, sunloungers, chairs and table. It was fantastic to be able to sit here late afternoon, enjoying a drink in the sun before dandering into St Ives for a meal.

There was also champagne on ice and a personalised card from the staff - a fantastic surprise, making our stay all the more special.

The room itself was extremely comfortable, with a large bed, hairdryer, torch (for late night walks along the coastal path!) and the bathroom was also large, with molton brown toiletries.

I was also struck by how clean our room and the rest of the hotel was - especially with the white carpets and sofas. We were very impressed.

We hope to return in the future for a longer stay, as St Ives is wonderful and we didn't want to leave!

Room Tip: Although the Trelyon Suite is on the road side of the hotel, there was no noise at night, and the te...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kfa2011

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2011

This is a fantastic Hotel in St Ives of Cornwall. From the moment we arrived the friendly staff couldn't do enough for you. We stayed in room Treylon Suite with a balcony and a spectacular sea view. We stayed for 2 nights BB, the food was fantastic and I recommend the salmon benedict for breakfast. The attention to detail is fabulous and stylish. We enjoyed the evening walks around St Ives and watching the seal in the sea was lovely.

We are already looking at our dates to return in 2012.

Fab stay

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a short break, choosing the Trelyon Suite which has a fantastic roof terrace.
The room is large and with the roof terrace it was huge. The hotel is carpeted in luxurious cream carpet, so much so we asked did we need to remove our shoes.
The bar price is reasonable for this type of hotel, but pricey compared to a pub etc.
The breakfast was gorgous and I wished we could have stayed longer so I could sample all the items.
The advertiesed wireless wasn't overly strong in our room, or it seemed around the hotel but this is minor and not why we booked the hotel.
The only problem we found was that we asked for "fresh locally produced packed lunch." our expectations were high based on the food at breakfast. The price is not advertised in the welcome book, but I felt £30.00 for two packed lunches, encompassing a standard sandwhich crisps and water with an apple was nothing special, this is the only reason I can't give them 5 stars - however I would return again - just not ask for a packed lunch.

Room Tip: I wouldn't reccommend the garden suite as people do walk
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Al00fy
Lichfield
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I certainly got the best for my special occasion. It is difficult to put into words just how amazing Blue Hayes is. You truly need to stay to experience the beauty of the place. So much thought has gone into the interior and design of the place. The rooms are beaufully furnished and the whole place has serene colours that enhance the fact that you are in a coastal location. I have OCD about cleanliness and I didn't need to clean anything at Blue Hayes so that just shows how sparklingly clean and spotless everything was. Even marks on mirrors drive me mad. There wasn't anything at all for me to clean, everything was just perfect, clean, comfortable and lovely. The bed was extremely comfortable too and I am very fussy about beds.

The views are stunning spanning The Island at St Ives right round to Godrevy Point. You can see as far up as Trevose Head on a clear day. It is a gorgeous walk down the coast path into St Ives. Sure, it is steep but I can manage it with my asthma and it is great exercise. The walk to Carbis Bay in the other direction is equally breathtaking. If you are feeling energetic then wait until the tide is out and walk round Carrack Gladden on the beach at Carbis Bay to Porthkidney Sands on the other side. The town of St Ives has plenty of restaurants and lovely walks around the town and The Island. If you are a keen walker or photographer then this is an ideal place to base yourself for a holiday in the St Ives and West Penwith area.

The Proprietor, Malcolm, is definitely in the right industry. He is so friendly and helpful and can't do enough to help his guests. If you need something, it's there for you. Nothing is too much effort or a problem like it can be at some other places I have stayed. Everything is just faultless. I must mention Sue and Jade too for their friendly smiles and chats and all the help they provided me with.

Blue Hayes is quite a way above my budget, however, don't take this to mean it is expensive, it is definitely not. It is worth every penny for the hospitality, the breakfasts, the wonderful people that make your stay so good, the comfort, the lovely calming interior and the location itself. If you want perfection then this is the place to stay. Make sure you book early though as the rooms get booked quickly and now I know why. This place is definitely worth stretching the budget for and to that end I will be booking again when I can and Malcolm can add me to his very very long list of repeat guests.

Thank you for everything Malcolm, your hotel is the best.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Superunknown1
Sedgley
Reviewed 10 July 2011

This was our second stay at Blue Hayes and as soon as we stepped onto the lovely patio balcony overlooking the sea, we were already relaxed. This really is an exceptional hotel. Malcolm and his team are so welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. The Hotel is spotless, extremely well run and the food is wonderful. It is a peaceful haven about 10 minutes walk outside the main centre of St Ives, which can be very busy, so it's lovely to return to the restful atmosphere of the hotel. The cocktails are lovely and there is a huge choice! All in all, another first class stay at this lovely hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JosSedgley
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Their website does not do it enough justice. Malcom and the staff there could not do enough for us. The breakfast's were superb. The rooms were top notch. The Blue Hayes is the benchmark for a private informal hotel. So much so, that we are booking for next year!

Room Tip: All the rooms are superb, we stayed in 3 of them!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank RogerJ51
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2011

If like me you suffer from gentle OCD you will love Blue Hayes. There is a place for everything and everything is in place. The owner Malcolm unobtrusively watches over the team to make sure that your stay is smooth, and you do not have to spend your time saying ' I'm sorry to trouble you but...' Malcom and his long serving team have already thought of your need. This is our second stay at Blue Hayes and I'm sure we will be back. It is not cheap...but it is great value for money. Book it - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
#1 of 24 in Falmouth
Pedn Olva Hotel
Pedn Olva Hotel
#5 of 21 in St Ives

Been to Blue Hayes Hotel? Share your experiences!