“Excellent Guesthouse”

St Margaret's Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Ives
St Margaret's Guest House
Ranked #85 of 102 St Ives B&B and Inns
“Excellent Guesthouse”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The owners were very friendly and helpful, the (free) alloctated parking place was about 20 yards from the front door, there were brilliant views of the harbour, the room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast choice was wide-ranging and beautifully prepared. St Margaret's is in a very convenient location.... ok, it's up a hill from the town (or steps if you choose the harder route), but if that's a surprise, you don't know St Ives, or haven't done your homework - it's not the fault of the guesthouse! And as for the one review moaning that St Ives is crowded in August.....!! Did you think you were the only people who had heard about it? All-in-all, a very enjoyable stay and a very good B&B; we would have no hesitation in using it again. The Bucks of Abercarn.

Room Tip: When you book make sure you ask for a parking spot to be reserved as parking in St Ives is notorious...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dory B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

St. Margaret's is a lovely wee house with very friendly people to make you feel welcome, beautiful views, and very clean and relaxing. great value for money, will be back next year as cannot fault at all.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank AdamHunterTaylor
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We stayed 2 nights during the August school holidays and were welcomed in with no booking after our plans changed. The view from our room and the facilities were top notch- fresh, clean room, fluffy towels, comfy bed - the lot! Brian and Sanda's breakfasts were lovely and their tips on where to go around the coast were spot on, as St Ives is the ideal place to base yourself to explore the westernmost part of Cornwall. As with many coastal towns, St Ives hillside location means that wherever you go in town you have a wonderful view of the harbour and sea, and this location is the best of all! St Margaret's Guest House is handily located straight up a couple of flights of steps from the centre of town, and amazingly for the terraced location, it even has a couple of parking spaces, or is very close to two public carparks. We would gladly recommend this guest house to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rach8981
Northwet
Reviewed 16 August 2011

My son (8 years old) and I stayed at St Margarets for the last week in July 2011.

Sandra and Brian made us feel very welcome, and looked after us enormously.

After reading some of the reviews on here I'm actually begining to think that perhaps there are two abodes with the same name in St Ives, Cornwall?

Anyway the St Margarets I stayed at was absolutley immaculate. There were clean facecloths, soap, shampoo bodywash in the bathroom. Everyday the room was cleaned, topped up with fresh chocolates as well as coffee, tea, milk etc...a service that dimishes in most large 4* after you've paid for the first night!!!!

There were towels available for the bathroom (even though I had taken my own) and even a notice in our room that if we wanted towels for the beach they too would be provided.

The breakfasts were yummy, huge (seriously huge) and you could have virtually anything you wanted.

Both Sandra and Brian are very knowledgable about the area. They gave great ideas on things to do on most days if the beach wasn't your main destination, especially useful if its raining and you are running out of ideas!

I'd just like to add a little note with regard to the deposit...I paid my deposit in April 2011, and thought like many places in St Ives I would need to pay in full six weeks before the actual date of arrival. Not so, infact on my arrival I unpacked my case and went to see about settling up, only to be told that I was not to bother with it until my holiday had concluded. Rather a large risk and very trusting for a small hotel wouldn't you agree?

Finally, for those that don't know most of St Ives in Cornwall IS on a hill!!!!....if you have trouble walking, are in a wheel chair or suffering from heart problems, or generally can't take the pace, I suggest you don't go...Otherwise I would definatley try ALL the steps, hills, and gradiets dotted in and around the place....its cheaper that the gym, great for the gluteus, and the view from the top....well, its just breath taking....

St Margarets would,without doubt, be recommened by me

Lorraine and Charlie

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank lh3112
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2011

I stayed at this guest house this weekend with my Mum.
On arrival Brian was very friendly and when I gulped at the size of the parking space Brian did park my car for me (Im not the best at reverse parking). We checked in and went to our room, a very clean and tidy room with bathroom, shower and tea and coffee facilities. Sadly I booked last minute so we didnt get to have a room at the front of the house which must have amazing views! However we had a small patio overlooking a garden which was very smart!
The house is on a hill and there are a number of steps down into the town, but with St Ives being very hilly there really is no suprise there!
Breakfast was fantastic and we were made to feel most welcome!
I will be coming to stay again soon and would recommend this as a lovely place to stay!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank FSeligman
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 30 June 2011

I stayed at St. Margaret's with two of my friends for 3 nights and we occupied the family room. The room was large, tastefully decorated and the bathroom was clean and overall it was a very well maintained place. There was more than enough space for 3 girls to share. They had a wide variety of breakfast options as well and for the price, the deal was a very good one, considering we visited during the peak season. Apart from this it was conveniently located and just a few minutes walks from all the main attractions in St Ives and the train station as well. The owners are a lovely couple and gave us tips on which attractions were worth a visit. I would definitely recommend this place to any age group as the price is very reasonable and it is value for money!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sharan2012
Birmingham
Reviewed 15 July 2010

St Margarete House is a nice place to say,clean and tidy friendly atmosphere and a good
tasty breakfast.We was very pleased with our stay in a on suit room overlooking the sea.
Would i stay there again the answer would but defiantly the only thing that is a little
annoying is the car parking only room for one car on the front if some one is in there
first then you will have to leave your car in the car park at the top of the road could
work out quite expensive if you had to leave it there for a week or longer.I think that
this should be made clear in the advertisement.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple